2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting.

Not sure that's really "the team" talking, any more than the president of the Marlins going on radio and decreeing that the team colors are orange and black.

What exactly did he say?

The Marlins have been using alot of orange for their telecasts and promotions this year. I think it is a done deal.

So, the orange for the Bobcats will no longer be the primary, but just the secondary? Atleast make the orange jerseys alternates, not get rid of them...

About time Minnesota did something with their jerseys. I think they're keeping the same colors, though. I don't think there's any real color changing going on with the Hornets... I know Portland will look virtually the same. Kings might do something crazy, but who knows. Same with the Nuggets.

T-Wolves are well overdue. I hope they remove (or at least diminish) the black and bring in a stronger presence of green.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I thought the league was going to cut down on teams wearing black jerseys? 'Tis a shame Raptors totally ditched their purple. I wish they used a purple jersey as an alternate, even if they don't consider it an official color. Just look at the Mavs.

I thought the league was going to cut down on teams wearing black jerseys? 'Tis a shame Raptors totally ditched their purple. I wish they used a purple jersey as an alternate, even if they don't consider it an official color. Just look at the Mavs.

I think the NBA was cracking down on teams that didn't really have black in their color scheme using black alts - like the late 1990s Utah Jazz black and copper alts. Yes, black and copper were accent colors in their logo, but their primary colors were purple and white with mostly light blue accents in the mountain part of the sublimated logo on the jersey and shorts.

Since the Raptors now are red, white and black, they are fair game for a black alt. Also, they have the history of the half purple/half black road uniforms.

Sacramento also still uses black as a primary color and has a history of black road uniforms, so they would also be allowed.

I think the NBA was cracking down on teams that didn't really have black in their color scheme using black alts - like the late 1990s Utah Jazz black and copper alts. Yes, black and copper were accent colors in their logo, but their primary colors were purple and white with mostly light blue accents in the mountain part of the sublimated logo on the jersey and shorts.

Since the Raptors now are red, white and black, they are fair game for a black alt. Also, they have the history of the half purple/half black road uniforms.

Sacramento also still uses black as a primary color and has a history of black road uniforms, so they would also be allowed.

David Stern specifically mandated that Black alts be eliminated. The belief is that the color Black was tied too much to the "gangsta" crowd - then Navy became a substitute.

For the Jazz - their colors were primarily Purple, Light Blue, Green/Teal and Copper, with Black trim:

UtahJazz_FRC_2004_SOL.jpg

And, as of last season, Purple was still an "official" Raptors' color - even if it was only in the primary logo. Regardless of the recolored versions we've been seeing recently.

If they really wanted to thrill me, they'd go back to the powder blue/red unis and have the name UNDER the number on the back.

Dude. Gross.

At this point, i'd rather have a polarizing "gross" than another tired black uni.

And yet, you'd still bring in another powder blue uniform. Sad.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

David Stern specifically mandated that Black alts be eliminated. The belief is that the color Black was tied too much to the "gangsta" crowd - then Navy became a substitute.

For the Jazz - their colors were primarily Purple, Light Blue, Green/Teal and Copper, with Black trim:

And, as of last season, Purple was still an "official" Raptors' color - even if it was only in the primary logo. Regardless of the recolored versions we've been seeing recently.

I could have sworn that Stern's edict exempted teams that already were using black as one of their primary colors; I stand corrected.

QUOTE(ferrousoxide66 @ Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 - 15:09:43)

QUOTE(Mockba @ Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 - 15:08:49)

QUOTE(ferrousoxide66 @ Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 - 13:17:30)

If they really wanted to thrill me, they'd go back to the powder blue/red unis and have the name UNDER the number on the back.

Dude. Gross.

At this point, i'd rather have a polarizing "gross" than another tired black uni.

And yet, you'd still bring in another powder blue uniform. Sad.

how many light blue alt are there? At least in compaision to black?

And does it really make you sad?

As mentioned, there is another thread (actually 2 threads, but one was short) where these were discussed. I'm just a little skeptical, because this past year, there have only been 2 non-holiday or special event jersey changes (Hawks, Pacers), and now they're saying 6 or 7 in a single season?

At any rate, I think that there will be some new alternates, as there often are. I still have time to keep pitching my silver alternate to the Bucks.

One has to assume that the Sonics are getting at least a new road uniform should they relocate this offseason as their current one says 'Seattle' on it. If the city they're not allowed to take the team name with them to Oklahoma City, then they would be getting new uniforms for both home and away.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived