2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

I actually do like EA a lot more than 2K.

Madden= A

NBA Live= B

NCAA Football= A

NCAA March Maddness= D (2K isn't much better with their NCAA basketball games, IMO)

MVP= Was the best until they had to switch to NCAA (I buy MLB: The Show now)

Anyone else wish that all the games were formatted the same?

I wish all the games were much like Madden.

Like all the menus would be similar, Edit player features would be very similar, etc.)

(It seems like Live has always been awfully slow compared to Madden)

Know what I mean?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you're just used to playing arcade, that's why.

2k will always be best gameplay. gimmicky madden with their useless features and horrible gameplay

Second that.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Some more pics:

hornets1.jpg

hornets2.jpg

hornets3.jpg

Looks like the Pinstripes are back. Just like the Charlotte days--3 or 4 penstripes.

If they bring em back lets just hope they are on the shorts as well. That always bothered me.

I can't believe Tony Parker is the Cover Athlete for 09 (North America).

Pau Gasol will be on the cover in Spain.

Andrea Bargnani will be on the cover in Italy.

And Luol Deng will be on the cover in the United Kingdom.

Yea EA is known for whipping up screenshots of players who played on a different team the previous year. Whether it be College, or just a differnt team, they almost always use the number from the previous year (especially for college).

Strangely enough, their batch of 33 screens contains 4 which distinctly highlight Yi Jianlian... in a Bucks jersey still.

Pinstripes never looked like they belonged on a basketball jersey, That mid 90s trend was very short lived. On the other hand, I'm an old school fan so I'm also intrigued to find out if they can make pinstripes look good for once since they have been brought back.

With that jersey looking so much like the Charlotte ones, wouldn't it be possible that it's just a throwback option?

Not quite bruschimania, If you notice the stripe pattern is different. the stripes are farther apart from the neck and there is more of a V neck design. So we might be loking at just two pinstripes on the Jersey--a subtle touch.

www.ne.jp/.../b-ball/hornets/lj/w-bogues.jpg

Can anyone make this like last year's NHL thread where the first post was an easy reference to all changes being made? Just a list of teams, and next to every team, links to pictures of thier new logos or unis. I'd be happy to maintain it if I wasn't disappearing to Wawa, ON for 4 weeks (I just came back from 5 weeks there) (Working at a little wilderness camp. We don't have electricity, let alone the internet). A mod would need to either continually edit the first post or move a post by a volunterring non-mod to first post.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Pinstripes never looked like they belonged on a basketball jersey

I respectfully disagree. This may be a homer opinion but I loved the Pacers Pinstripes.

paces_oneal_03.jpgpacers_smits_99.jpgpacers_90_home.jpg

I have to agree, the pinstripes on those Pacer uniforms looked classy.

kylekorversig1if2.png

Pinstripes never looked like they belonged on a basketball jersey

I respectfully disagree. This may be a homer opinion but I loved the Pacers Pinstripes.

paces_oneal_03.jpgpacers_smits_99.jpgpacers_90_home.jpg

I have to agree, the pinstripes on those Pacer uniforms looked classy.

Also agreed. I hated Reggie Miller, but always thought those uniforms were really nice looking.

They've had that for 2 years. They are on this site. And they're changing uniforms entirely this year, so there will be no alt.

Well, it's a lot different. Just look at the collar, the blue comes down really far on that screenshot.

It might be intended to be that one but it certainly looks a lot different.

Archived