2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

Here it is folks:

kloveminng0.jpg

OMG. They made them WORSE. They didn't just keep the treetrim, they completely SCREWED IT UP. It gives the unfortunate impression that Love has some sort of weird garb underneath his jersey. Hideous, and absolutely destroys any form to the shirt. Notice how all the goofiness up in the sleeves and collar makes the body look wider and fatter (the miniscule number and team name helps none).

This is just disastrous. I can't remember the last time an NBA uniform redo made me physically wretch like this.

Agreed 100%. Whoever gave this the greenlight should be fired. Idk how they managed to make the uniforms worse than they were. But they surely did it. What an accomplishment!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here it is folks:

kloveminng0.jpg

OMG. They made them WORSE. They didn't just keep the treetrim, they completely SCREWED IT UP. It gives the unfortunate impression that Love has some sort of weird garb underneath his jersey. Hideous, and absolutely destroys any form to the shirt. Notice how all the goofiness up in the sleeves and collar makes the body look wider and fatter (the miniscule number and team name helps none).

This is just disastrous. I can't remember the last time an NBA uniform redo made me physically wretch like this.

Agreed 100%. Whoever gave this the greenlight should be fired. Idk how they managed to make the uniforms worse than they were. But they surely did it. What an accomplishment!

I was never the biggest fan of the previous set, but man, that looks beautiful compared the new one. Seriously, is it so hard to hire competent design folk?

Here it is folks:

kloveminng0.jpg

I was never the biggest fan of the previous set, but man, that looks beautiful compared the new one. Seriously, is it so hard to hire competent design folk?

Has to be a joke. I never had a problem with the previous one. I could see room for improvement, but at the same time I now see these and wish they would have done anything other than that. The numbers and name seem too small, they kept the trees, kind of. If you are going to do a redo, don't half ass it like this. When you try to appease two groups, you get the possibilty that no one likes it. That is what has happened in Minnesota.

This looks like a WNBA jersey.

Here it is folks:

kloveminng0.jpg

WTF. the new twolves jersey is a joke. i mean, what's that arrow point thingy doing there? and don't even get me started on the tree-d neckline.

I'm pretty sure Kevin Love is wearing the old wolves jersey under that. They probably did two shoots, one with the old, one with the new except with the new they halfassed it.

I hope so, because otherwise that tree trim on the neck is entirely out of place. The unis would be passable without that, as I like the font, the fact that it says "Minnesota" on the roads and the pine tree on the side. The rest of the side panel makes it look kinda Mavs-esque, though, and wtf is the deal with the black triangle?

Sacto's are fine, I'd just make "Kings" in white with a black outline as opposed to the other way around.

I'll have to wait and see on Orlando's but ANGLED pinstripes? Seriously? Horrible.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Here's a close up on the collar, but I don't know if it'll do any good:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/82125161....30A760B0D811297

Those look awfully symmetric to be just the old jersey underneath. However, I will keep my fingers crossed...

After looking closely at it long enough, I came to the conclusion that it's the old jersey underneath. The trees oddly cut away at the bottom of the neck. Also, if it was all one jersey, the tree trim would be more cleanly connected to the blue edges at the neck.

But who knows really?

Love the new Kings uniforms. I'd really grown stale on their purple and black identity and didn't expect to like what they'd come up with but for whatever reason, I really do love these. Such a clean look.

As for the Timberwolves -- well, what can I say about the Timberwolves new look that hasn't already been said? I like -- well, more than the old one anyway -- the font for the name but it looks so tiny. That can't possible be one jersey over another. The symmetry is too... perfect, and believe how much I hate using that word to describe anything about the uniforms. Plus, as mentioned, how stretched out would that neck have to be on the old to be look like that? The neck and the gray are, in my opinion, what make the uniform so terrible. Aside from the tiny team name, the rest is passable, it appears. It's like they had a few ideas, couldn't pull the trigger on any of them so they combined 'em.

Can't wait to see those Magic and Hornets uniforms. I'm anxious to see how they pull that pinstriping off and frankly, I think they'll both look great. I love the idea of the widely spaced pinstripes, actually.

IUe6Hvh.png

He's definitely wearing the old jersey underneath.

Someone let Kevin Love that two shirts only makes you look pudgier. I swear, that guy may be the second coming of Big Country. Im not too enamoured with the new set. The font is too small and looks like it belongs on a box of snack crackers. The number font didnt need retooling, it needed to be replaced. Bush league look, all the way. I'd much rather see the Wolves in a burlier, more rugged look as opposed to the pointy collection that belongs at a halloween superstore, not in the NBA. Hopefully the home set will make up for it.

Someone let Kevin Love that two shirts only makes you look pudgier. I swear, that guy may be the second coming of Big Country. Im not too enamoured with the new set. The font is too small and looks like it belongs on a box of snack crackers. The number font didnt need retooling, it needed to be replaced. Bush league look, all the way. I'd much rather see the Wolves in a burlier, more rugged look as opposed to the pointy collection that belongs at a halloween superstore, not in the NBA. Hopefully the home set will make up for it.

Is that Timberwolves jersey offical? I couldve sworn the numbers were going to be different.

Do you really think they would let him be photographed with the old jersey under the new one? Seriously? Get a clue!

Archived