2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So am I the only one who actually thinks Minnesota's jerseys are an upgrade over their old one? I just really hated their old one. I'm not saying it looks good or that i'd buy it, but it's an upgrade IMO.

No you're not, I think so too. It is an upgrade but the jersey still has elements that many people thought would be changed/removed so it's hard to give it any love.

The Kings, Timberwolves, and what is viewed from the Magic all look like they suck majorly.

The Kings looks hideous, imo...the white Sacramento script on the roads looked great....hopefully they are just new alts. And that's really hoping for the best.

The TWolves...Wow...damn..just speechless. The wordmark looks seriously small--and definitely like it was sown off of a Lynx jersey onto a Twolves jersey...to call it new. Gay...no offense, but just...gay.

The Magic. I've only seen a quarter of the jersey and already I think it's down the :censored:ter! Great!

Also, get Adidas the hell out of here. Everything is sucking as of recent in the NBA redesign world. I'd love to have reebok back. Or Nike. Even.........Starter. Or Puma. All Day I Design Assworthy Sports unis.

My definition of adidas.

Props to the new Atlanta Hawks unis though!

Those new wolves jerseys should look good during warm ups and drills. What's that? Those are game jerseys? Oh. Excuse me a second.

*sound of car starting, speeding away*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I still think they should have given them generic uniforms with the city name on the front instead of making them wear Summer League gear.

OKC Generics

Looking at the Kevin Love closeup shot I really think he's wearing a practice/prototype jersey over last year's model, presumable so his jersey looks more substantial.

oakqb4.jpg

I like the Kings look, with the side striping. Very clean. Not a huge fan of the wordmark, but I'd call it an upgrade.

My team...the T-Wolves. What are they doing? Their uniforms were stale and they had the opportunity to distance themselves from them and what do they do? They still leave green off of the numbers/wordmarks--cuz blue/black/silver (Dallas) is way better than blue/green or blue/green/silver (unique). The squeeze green into the trip and side panels, I suppose so they can sell green merchandise or something. They design a pretty nice secondary logo with trees and NO green. They keep the silly number font. They keep the essential look of the stale uniforms, but add a "trying to hard to be unique" collar area. The only improvements on the uniform are going to be 1) a somewhat less ridiculous font for the wordmark, 2) the fact that it will say "Minnesota" on the road and, I assume "Timberwolves" at home and 3) if the new logo ends up on the shorts. But that does not make up for the fact that they just committed to a tweaked version of a tired look for the foreseeable future. I am very disappointed.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the Kings look, with the side striping. Very clean. Not a huge fan of the wordmark, but I'd call it an upgrade.

My team...the T-Wolves. What are they doing? Their uniforms were stale and they had the opportunity to distance themselves from them and what do they do? They still leave green off of the numbers/wordmarks--cuz blue/black/silver (Dallas) is way better than blue/green or blue/green/silver (unique). The squeeze green into the trip and side panels, I suppose so they can sell green merchandise or something. They design a pretty nice secondary logo with trees and NO green. They keep the silly number font. They keep the essential look of the stale uniforms, but add a "trying to hard to be unique" collar area. The only improvements on the uniform are going to be 1) a somewhat less ridiculous font for the wordmark, 2) the fact that it will say "Minnesota" on the road and, I assume "Timberwolves" at home and 3) if the new logo ends up on the shorts. But that does not make up for the fact that they just committed to a tweaked version of a tired look for the foreseeable future. I am very disappointed.

I blame Kevin McHale. I know he probably had nothing to do with these uniforms, but whenever anything goes wrong with the Wolves, it just feels natural to blame McHale. :P

Also, get Adidas the hell out of here. Everything is sucking as of recent in the NBA redesign world. I'd love to have reebok back. Or Nike. Even.........Starter. Or Puma. All Day I Design Assworthy Sports unis.

My definition of adidas.

Props to the new Atlanta Hawks unis though!

I think TenaciousG nailed it when he called them Adidabok. I mean, really think about this... Adidas is doing to the NBA what Reebok is doing to the NHL and did to the CFL.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

So am I the only one who actually thinks Minnesota's jerseys are an upgrade over their old one? I just really hated their old one. I'm not saying it looks good or that i'd buy it, but it's an upgrade IMO.

I really hated their old ones too, but I can't in good conscience say these ones are any better. In fact, they're a lot worse. They amplified everything that I hated about the old set, and made them even more odd and unsightly. Cartoony font? Still there. Treetrim? Still there, and now in some sort of odd collar formation.

I'm thinking and I just realized I haven't liked a single new uniform since Adidas took over the NBA. The last new set I can remember truly liking were the new Nugs unis, and IIRC that was right before Adidas took over. Even the ones they've designed that were upgrades over the previous set (Rockets, Bucks) still aren't "good" IMO, just upgrades over some of the biggest mistakes of the 90's.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I blame Kevin McHale. I know he probably had nothing to do with these uniforms, but whenever anything goes wrong with the Wolves, it just feels natural to blame McHale. :P

Maybe McHale should design the uniforms and whoever designed the uniforms should be named GM. How much worse could it really turn out?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

OMaway.gif

"Bask in the warm, radiant beams bursting forth from my waistband!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Could someone tell me why in the hell Kevin Love would be wearing an old jersey underneath the new one? I really need an explanation for that. Sorry people, that's just how the jersey looks, as much as I hate to say it.

mav23.gif

Archived