2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree they should've never done away with those. They were perfect and I didnt mind the pinstripes at all.

NBA teams who should NEVER change their uniforms

Bulls

Celtics

Clippers

Hawks

Heat

Lakers

Nuggets

Pistons

Pacers

Raptors

Spurs

I really find nothing wrong with theses jerseys. The Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, Pistons Uni's should NEVER EVER be changed due to the tradition and slight classy tweaks that were already made.

Also, get Adidas the hell out of here. Everything is sucking as of recent in the NBA redesign world. I'd love to have reebok back. Or Nike. Even.........Starter. Or Puma. All Day I Design Assworthy Sports unis.

My definition of adidas.

Props to the new Atlanta Hawks unis though!

Isn't Adidas...Reebok as well? I mean, Reebok and Adidas are the same company.

On the new unis, I'm not really feeling any of them. I'm really curious to see the entire Magic uniform before passing judgment on them.

Yeah Getty is making the rounds, asking people to remove the photos. Save them now before it's too late.

EDIT: although why anyone would want to spend valuable HD space to store pictures of those uniforms is beyond me.

Turkoglu_15.png

made a lil' mockup based on the pic we saw and the NBA Live 09 screen (for the side tree thing):

MINaway.jpg

MINhome.jpg

doesnt look as bad like this (i really like the home), but still not acceptable...also, i didnt put green on the shorts, but im sure the real ones will. i was thinking they might put the tree trim (ghast!) on the trim of the bottom of the shorts.

made a lil' mockup based on the pic we saw and the NBA Live 09 screen (for the side tree thing):

MINaway.jpg

MINhome.jpg

doesnt look as bad like this (i really like the home), but still not acceptable...also, i didnt put green on the shorts, but im sure the real ones will. i was thinking they might put the tree trim (ghast!) on the trim of the bottom of the shorts.

That actually looks okay.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

MINaway.jpg

MINhome.jpg

That actually looks okay.

It's weird: On paper it looks nice. On Kevin Love, it looks like complete crap.

new Magic?

orlandonewgifia2.png

this was floating around RealGM...i tend to think it might be somewhat legit (from someone who saw it irl) for these reasons:

> shtty design as most of the new things this summer

> the curved pinstripes and maybe a hint of 'Spiderman'

> the number font matches the "20" and its a lil diff. than the old number font from the 90s Magic Js

lemme be the first to say this is terrible beyond compare (maybe the new twolves is better?) if infact this is fo real.

*begins petition for the firing of all nba-related graphic designers*

The curved pinstripes (???), anniversary patch, unusual (and incongruous to the wordmark) number font, and low neckline (hard to tell on the mock-up, but more noticeable on the picture of Courtney Lee) really clutter the jersey enough already. The star just makes it worse.

The current uniforms are fine the way they are. This new uniform, if real, is a tremendous step backward... probably because it tries to step back (pinstripes and throwback number font) while simultaneously moving forward (unusual cut, curved pinstripes, futuristic wordmark...)

This post made much more sense in my head. Forgive me. It's nearly 2 AM. (sleepz)

Turkoglu_15.png

new Magic?

orlandonewgifia2.png

this was floating around RealGM...i tend to think it might be somewhat legit (from someone who saw it irl) for these reasons:

> shtty design as most of the new things this summer

> the curved pinstripes and maybe a hint of 'Spiderman'

> the number font matches the "20" and its a lil diff. than the old number font from the 90s Magic Js

lemme be the first to say this is terrible beyond compare (maybe the new twolves is better?) if infact this is fo real.

*begins petition for the firing of all nba-related graphic designers*

what the heck is with that very unnecessary star in the middle? :blink:

I predict the actual Magic uniforms will be more well received than those would be. They will look much cleaner in person than that flawed mock-up could ever look. I promise you something about that design is wrong.

Archived