2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

lol yeah

i noticed some errors i had made once i looked at the Love pic again...here's an update on both:

MTaway.gif

MThome.gif

Yea it doesn't look as bad as the leaked pic does, but I'm hoping there will be trees on the shorts too (kinda like under the pits maybe).

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol yeah

i noticed some errors i had made once i looked at the Love pic again...here's an update on both:

MTaway.gif

MThome.gif

Yea it doesn't look as bad as the leaked pic does, but I'm hoping there will be trees on the shorts too (kinda like under the pits maybe).

I don't think its nearly as bad as many think... it's just incredibly ordinary, with the exception of the Pine scented underarms & collar. I do like the move to make the home script "Wolves" and that they kept their unique (well okay, it's the same as the Wizards) shade of Blue with the Black, Silver & Green and made it more prominent on their homes.

I think what kills it for me are the blotches near the arm-holes. It clearly lessens the space across the chest for a long wordmark, like "Minnesota". I was also hoping, that after cleaning up the wordmark font, that they would do the same for the uniform numbers.

I also second the hope that the shorts are better than the pic implies... it doesn't really match the rest of the jersey.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Nothing on this uniform matches anything.

I know this is a mockup--and actually, as illustrated out, it looks rather okay. But here's what really bothers me: the black piping going down the back of the side "panels"...and the gray/silver/whichever it is piping coming down the front. it'd seem to make more sense to me, since the bottom of the "pine" is sloping down to that point, to make that piping green instead. And again..not a singular solitary ounce of green on the shorts (if in fact the shorts do turn out to be the way the illustration shows). And I ain't even gon get started on that neck collar deal up top.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't understand white side panels on white, or any color you like in that same set-up. The Utah Jazz do it too, and it just winds up being unnecessary piping. No reason why the Timberwolves couldn't fill in all that white with blue, grey, or green. If they don't want to play up their team colors, then don't use side panels.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I never got to see the pics of kevin love in a wolves uni as i came to the forum too late. if anyone has these pics, would you please let me know?

The pics are still in the thread. Just check a couple pages earlier.

I'm not sure if I want to start a new topic over this, but here's a Timberwolves uniform concept.

TwolvesUnis.gif

Have at it

This totally should have won Paul Lukas' OKC design contest!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Lol. ok

Ran across this article about the Kings' new aways, in an interview with Joe Maloof, the Kings owner. When they asked him about the new unis he said:

Question: There’s been some buzz from fans on the Internet about you guys possibly having new jerseys next season. Is that true?

Answer: "I don’t know if it’s for next year. It could be. Either next year or the year after, we get a different design on the away jersey. I think they are coming up this next year. I believe so. It's just some subtle changes, but they’re really nice.

"It takes two to three years (to petition the league and plan the change). First they have to get the design. You tell them you want to change and the NBA takes back different ideas. They design different jerseys and bring them back to you and you choose the one you like. It’s a two to four year process.

We want to continually update them and keep them fresh and get some new ideas. Geoff (Petrie) and the players usually discuss what kind of cut they want – a V-neck or a rounded neck, and all those different cuts with the jersey themselves."

Interesting. 2 to 4 years to change unis...

Link to article:

Kings' Blog

Lol. ok

Ran across this article about the Kings' new aways, in an interview with Joe Maloof, the Kings owner. When they asked him about the new unis he said:

Question: There?s been some buzz from fans on the Internet about you guys possibly having new jerseys next season. Is that true?

Answer: "I don?t know if it?s for next year. It could be. Either next year or the year after, we get a different design on the away jersey. I think they are coming up this next year. I believe so. It's just some subtle changes, but they?re really nice.

"It takes two to three years (to petition the league and plan the change). First they have to get the design. You tell them you want to change and the NBA takes back different ideas. They design different jerseys and bring them back to you and you choose the one you like. It?s a two to four year process.

We want to continually update them and keep them fresh and get some new ideas. Geoff (Petrie) and the players usually discuss what kind of cut they want ? a V-neck or a rounded neck, and all those different cuts with the jersey themselves."

Interesting. 2 to 4 years to change unis...

Link to article:

Kings' Blog

That's fascinating. Seeing the results, you'd think it's a quickie 15 minute design session, nothing more.

2-4 year process? Ha ha, what the hell are they doing for that long?

Sounds to me like you haven't spent too much time in a corporate environment. They schedule a whole lot of meetings in that 2-4 year process....

Plus, they have to wait around for design contests...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Sounds to me like you haven't spent too much time in a corporate environment. They schedule a whole lot of meetings in that 2-4 year process....

Plus, they have to wait around for design contests...

As well as sort through all the concepts and weed out the great ones in search of that one, perfect, pathetic excuse for an identity and then, and only then, have they accomplished that which they set out 2-4 years before to do.

No I haven't actually. I'm in my 3rd year, undergrad, just recently turned 21. So no, no corporate environment for me, I've done freelance work but at most it's taken me about a month to come to a final product.

So sorry to surprise any of you gentlemen, 2-4 years does sound like a long ass time! But Maloof also does mention that they have to petition the NBA. And they probably aren't too quick to respond. Just a guess. Especially when they come up with sorry looking stuff a lot of the time! (i.e. Rockets, and these new Wolves unis)

Thanks for posting a nice clear copy of that. I'm still not a fan of this logo. It seems like all three elements--the hornet and each half of the name--are just sort of floating out there, and not particularly unified. I don't know how to fix that. A hexagon behind the hornet?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived