2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was at game 2 of the NBA finals lastnight and the program they are selling have a page with all the draft day hats. some look terrible.

Does it have the T-Wolves one?

espnsignq8.png

Very interesting. Here's Miami's 2008 Draft hat with a new secondary logo:

PACIADMPFPADEBFM.jpg

IDK if any of you guys are thinking the same thing, but obviosly the letters on here are detailed, like somewhat beveled if you know what I mean. They have a slight shadow, so to say. do you guys think the Heat will implement wordmarks with this as well? Like have detailed text and numbers on thier unis? Or do you guys think that this is only for the logo? Thoughts?

u might be on to something there...since its been mentioned that 'small tweaks' are going to be made to some uni's

done correctly and subtly, i think it could add a nice extra level to the Heat uni's which are splendid already imo.

on the other hand, the beveling u are seeing might just be from the stitching of the logo...i do hope its a sign of a change to the wordmarks tho.

• 2 weeks later...
Any new leaks on the T'Wolves' logo?

No, if someone had something to show, it would of already been posted. I don't believe any release date was mentionned either.

The new Timberwolves logo will be unveiled at the draft - June 26.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I love the rendering of that T-Wolves alt. The only thing that seems odd is the lack of green. I'm hoping that they don't flat out remove it from the package, because otherwise the colors look a bit too similar to Dallas.

VmWIn6B.png

I love the rendering of that T-Wolves alt. The only thing that seems odd is the lack of green. I'm hoping that they don't flat out remove it from the package, because otherwise the colors look a bit too similar to Dallas.

That's the same thing that I thought. I like thenew logo, but if they eliminate green from everything I don't think that the new uniforms will look as good as they can be.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

p4865277dt.jpg

Wow ... very nice. Let's hope the primary is as well done. It is more of a departure from the current logo than I was expecting, however, based on the quote from the e-mail newsletter that was posted earlier in the thread.

I cannot stand the MH logo. Just as unnecessary and boring as the HT Texans secondary. Why even bother with a secondary if this is what transpires?

As far as the T-Wolves, make that the primary NOW. Still not as clean as the original logo (I love that damn thing), but it's a helluva lot better than the wolf head they have now.

I'm usually not a fan of logos that incorporate an element of the sport that the team competes in (in this case the basketball) but I think it works really well here.

My only issue with this logo is that (as others have pointed out) at first glance I thought it was a Dallas hat. Bring back some green!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What I especially love about the new logo, is that if you look closely at the neck there is a pine tree detail.

The logo is very similar to the Mavericks'. Besides that the fact that they are two different animals both logos use black, silver, blue and white. Both logos contain a basketball and like I said, the tree hidden on the neck is similair to the Mavericks' M hidden on the horse's forehead. Overall, not a bad logo, I just think that it's going to be outdated quickly.

p4865304dt.jpg

Also looks like the Hornets might be emphasizing black. But then again the Lakers cap is black, too FWIW.

Keep in mind a black hat is easier to sell than a purple or teal hat.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived