Minnesota Timberwolves

Conrad.

There's been some rumors of change for them, so i figured i'd give it a try...i used the old logo and included the new wordmark and changed the blue to be a bit darker. i also simplified the tertiary to not have as many points.

wolves09bh8.png

suggestions on how i executed this "remix"? different colors? specific graphical changes?

the jerseys are in progress right now, im havin some trouble coming up with something creative and different.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated that logo back in the '90s, but I think with that darker shade of blue it looks really cool. I'd like to see them some how incorporate trees more. I've always liked that look on the court and on the jerseys.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

Be careful about that tertiary. It looks close to Tracy McGrady's logo:

logo-tmac.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I can almost see a wolf out line in the thrid logo. It would be cool to see is you can work with that.

It is indeed a wolf's outline, I can confirm that! :P

It's not obvious, ya know, the T looking like a wolf's ears, the M pointing out to be the cheeks.

You can't really work more with that, that's what they currently use. He just recolored it a tad.

pretty good concept, i do agree that the new and old clash a lot.

also, im very sick of teams throwing a basketball in for a logo. it seems real cheesy to me. i think teams need to come up with something more original.

pretty good concept though.

Picture21.png

I like the idea, but you need to work on it a little bit. I like the colors but I would rather see them stick with a lighter blue, almost even a light turquoise. Thats just because I don't want them wearing Navy on the road like every other team. The discrepancy between old and new needs to be worked on. I would rework the wordmark to simply make it look better, then update the wolf so it fits in with the style of the new wordmark. I would then replace the ball with some kind of representation of trees. That would take care of the "I hate when teams use the sports ball in their logo" and "They should use some tree imagery" arguments. Just my thoughts. Patiently waiting on the uniforms.

i see what u guys are saying about the disparity between the new wordmark and the old logo...so i edited most of the letters in the new wordmark to simplify it a bit and take away the "spiky-ness"

wolves09scriptce3.png

*new one is on the right*

Vicious, i think the bball in the logo also stands as a full moon too (or maybe im just stretching that?) also, does anyone else think i should try to incorporate the trees into the primary mark?

mo' C&C please :)

ps: once i get these logos to an agreeable place, i'll start on jerseys, 1991

this really seems like what i was trying to do a while back. I was recently digging back in so i could do a concept of my own (Got back into it with the Jazz and Clippers concepts). Heres what i had at the time:(I was also trying to bring back most of the old identity)

FinalTWolves.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

this really seems like what i was trying to do a while back. I was recently digging back in so i could do a concept of my own (Got back into it with the Jazz and Clippers concepts). Heres what i had at the time:(I was also trying to bring back most of the old identity)

FinalTWolves.png

I really like the text. Really simple but still very cool. Mix this with the OP's basic design, I think it'll be perfection.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Keep the old Wolves logo in the past. It's hardly what you would call a traditional logo, since the Wolves have zilch for tradition.

If you're going to do a concept like this, please come up with something new. Thank you.

Keep the old Wolves logo in the past. It's hardly what you would call a traditional logo, since the Wolves have zilch for tradition.

If you're going to do a concept like this, please come up with something new. Thank you.

You're welcome? I don't think that was a very productive response at all to the original poster. Besides, who said they were doing this based upon Tradition anyways?? I can speak for myself that i did not do it based on tradition, but just on the fact that i really liked the look, and that with some changes thought it could translate well to the more modern era...so yeah, thank you.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Time for your meds mister.

chill-pill.jpg

As for the concept. This is very well executed. Love the colors, good job eliminating the black.

I've also always like that tertiary logo, glad you kept that in the set.

I'd love to see uniforms. Great job!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

thanks for all the words of advice guys...i really like that wolf-head u did there nyy

anyway, ive been making some minor changes to the wolf to try to distance it from the old logo:

wolves09mainri5.png

i added two top canines, made a sort of "tree silhouette" in the fur, highlighted the "moon" in the bball, and made the tongue a different color

thoughts on this?

Archived