Luc Bourdon Passes Away

Brass

Motorcycle riders are stupid

This is not the sort of comments to post when you're new.

Back to the main topic: Terrible, just terrible. He could of had some amazing years ahead of him, instead this happens. 21 is waaaay to young to die. :cry:

I am speechless .... I saw the news of Luc's passing on the local newshour show here in Manitoba... and was shocked to find out.. oh man... Luc sure was a talented kid and had a good future and he was just with the Vancouver Canucks this past season and I am sure he would have been able to blossom well enough for a long career in the NHL.. Luc will be terribly missed for sure, especially here in Winnipeg with the Manitoba Moose and also for Vancouver too...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

What a tragic loss..RIP, Luc Bourdon

As much as this is in bad taste, I have to agree. Luc Bourdon lost his life to something silly like this. Im still shocked over it, just a while I was talking about expecting Bourdon to be a regular on the Canucks next year and now he is gone. I still remeber going to the junior and hearing the fans Loo.

As much as this is in bad taste, I have to agree. Luc Bourdon lost his life to something silly like this. Im still shocked over it, just a while I was talking about expecting Bourdon to be a regular on the Canucks next year and now he is gone. I still remeber go to the junior and hearing the fans Loo.

I am not sure he had his licence yet, he had just ridden his dads bike before buying his a few days ago. Sportsnet.ca is showing some footage of the crash and it looks like he lost control, went into the other lane and hit the trailer head on. It is very sad and I'm curious to see if the Canucks will do anything big to honour him at the season opener, same with in Manitoba. I don't see a number retirement like what they did in Pittsburgh for Briere but I could see a jersey patch or something else of the sort.

RIP.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

As much as this is in bad taste, I have to agree. Luc Bourdon lost his life to something silly like this. Im still shocked over it, just a while I was talking about expecting Bourdon to be a regular on the Canucks next year and now he is gone. I still remeber go to the junior and hearing the fans Loo.

I am not sure he had his licence yet, he had just ridden his dads bike before buying his a few days ago. Sportsnet.ca is showing some footage of the crash and it looks like he lost control, went into the other lane and hit the trailer head on. It is very sad and I'm curious to see if the Canucks will do anything big to honour him at the season opener, same with in Manitoba. I don't see a number retirement like what they did in Pittsburgh for Briere but I could see a jersey patch or something else of the sort.

RIP.

I doubt a jersey retirement, because he wore two different numbers in his much to brief career. I expect a LB on the jerseys next year.

Just shocking, I nearly broke down when I saw this. Like words can't describe how I feel right now. Such a young talented life, gone to waste. It's a shame, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his loved ones.

untitled-6.jpg

When I went over to my buddies house after school today, first thing he said was "Did ya hear about Luc Bourdon", then of course he told what had happened, and my heart sunk. On Sportsnet tonight, they should footage of the scene, and it is pretty ugly. The grill of the semi he hit was dented in pretty far, and the hood was broken too. There was definitely no way anybody could of survived that. I could see the Canucks honouring Bourdon like Wayne Maki; not retiring his number, but honouring him. Like everyone has said, Bourdon had great potential, and will be greatly missed. Respectfully, the NHL will have a moment of silence before Game 4 on Saturday. RIP Luc.

8prlQWA.png

I only recognized the name when I heard the headline, didn't and still really don't know all that much about him, but it's always tragic when someone with so much living left to do losses their life. And like it or not, professional athletes make connections with so many people, fans included, that the hurt is spread further.

Thoughts and prayers to his friends, family, teammates, and fans.

I am a Canuck?

It's not just you.

We are ALL Canucks.

Just shocking, I nearly broke down when I saw this. Like words can't describe how I feel right now. Such a young talented life, gone to waste. It's a shame, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his loved ones.

Really? I mean, seriously? I know it's tragic and all, but it's not like you knew him, or were even, to anyone's knowledge, a Canucks fan. So, come on, really?

I'm not trying to downplay the loss of life, but to feel this way over a person you've never met seems to me to be rather, I dunno, silly. That, or you're trying way too hard to make yourself sound more broken up than you really are.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I am a Canuck?

It's not just you.

We are ALL Canucks.

Really? I mean, seriously? I know it's tragic and all, but it's not like you knew him, or were even, to anyone's knowledge, a Canucks fan. So, come on, really?

I'm not trying to downplay the loss of life, but to feel this way over a person you've never met seems to me to be rather, I dunno, silly. That, or you're trying way too hard to make yourself sound more broken up than you really are.

I have a friend I lost in a similar way so, when I saw it kinda brought back memories. I'm thinking that's what triggered me write that because, it was like right as I was reading I typed that. I did nearly break down, but it was probably more related to losing a loved one in a similar way, then this still sad news.

And yah I'm a Leafs fan! :P

untitled-6.jpg

I am a Canuck?

It's not just you.

We are ALL Canucks.

I have a friend I lost in a similar way so, when I saw it kinda brought back memories. I'm thinking that's what triggered me write that because, it was like right as I was reading I typed that. I did nearly break down, but it was probably more related to losing a loved one in a similar way, then this still sad news.

Then you gotta clarify, son. I'm sorry for your loss, but the way you expressed it here makes it sound like you also cry when your mom forgets to buy your Yop for the weekend.

Carry on.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Can't find a story about it anywhere but, Gabe Morency host of Sports Rage on Sirius said that on Friday, one of Bourdon's cousins was hospitalized from a motorcycle accident. You think people would get it wouldn't you?

8prlQWA.png

Can't find a story about it anywhere but, Gabe Morency host of Sports Rage on Sirius said that on Friday, one of Bourdon's cousins was hospitalized from a motorcycle accident. You think people would get it wouldn't you?

Here is an article that contains the incident about Bourdon's cousin...

About five lines from the bottom...

http://sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/05/30/bourdon_new_license/

When Bobby Orr was asked why he always wore a cup

but not a helmet,he replied:"I can always get

someone else to do my thinking for me!"

I am a Canuck?

It's not just you.

We are ALL Canucks.

Then you gotta clarify, son. I'm sorry for your loss, but the way you expressed it here makes it sound like you also cry when your mom forgets to buy your Yop for the weekend.

Carry on.

Sorry about that, and saidly I don't like Yop. :P

untitled-6.jpg

Archived