Flint generals logo concept

Discrim

<font color='#000000'>i was gonna make this a poll, but since the board's moving and apparently the polls won't carry over, i'll just introduce this logo and ask what i need to do to it. I give you my Flint General

thegeneral.gif

i'm not satisfied with the logo, so i'll make some changes later-i'm open to suggestions, and i know gnerals don't use chevrons but i figured it would work. anyways, here are the initial versions of the jerseys:

click to see jerseys</font>

*edit: not so much changes as a logo overhaul made...check the newest post

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

wow discrim for you this borders on traditional, but i must say i like it. The logo is pretty nice, but it needs a more important looking hat. Also take the tan out of the jerseys.

tried a hat as opposed to a helmet, i might try again.  i was sort of going for a Patton look here, whereas when and if i make a hat version, it will likely resemble M. Bison from street fighter ii, simple enough but i'd have to change the eyes.  that's mainly what i'm having doubts about-i want a cool shadowing effect like the rangers liberty but i know i haven't achieved that yet.

2016cubscreamsig.png

The logo is good, as is the patch logo, but the color scheme does not work try using red white and blue or red and gold, or other colors that teal black and blue dont work for me.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

i'm pleasantly surprised, fellas. i'm probably gonna tweak the logo some more tonight and tomorrow, and then release version 1.2 :laugh:

btw there's a reason i chose the colors i did...my scheme's a somewhat more flamboyant version of theirs. figuring a General fan would likely also be a Wing fan, i could probably put my feelings aside and work red in somewhere. :;):

and my original hat choice is cus of this doofball:

DSC_0770.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

This turned out real good, imo, and much better than the Patton-esque guy on the first post. i give you a General that sort of resembles M. Bison from street fighter ii...although for some reason it's also been looking like Prince to me :D

bisongeneral.gif

cus i feel for the guys with slow connections, just click to see the jerseys.

basically the only thing i did with the jerseys was use my new logos: the 'bison' general shown and chevrons edited to make a 'FG' logo :hockeysmiley:

so i'd like to know, how do you like the new general?

also, i wanna clarify the colors i used: a very dark navy (think Mariners), blue-green, pale gold and pale blue. for some of the outline, yes i did have to use black, as my program sucks outline-wise, the blue's close enough to black that, as i see, tank didn't notice. ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

I like the new guy better, but i'm missing the stars. Does a general have stars on the hat, or on the collar or somewhere? I'd like to see stars come back

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

thanks cole and tank, i was thinking of making a different jersey layout anyway and also using the suggestion of replacing one of the blues with red, probably pale blue would be the one to go. i think i'll have jerseys v 2.0 tonight at the latest.

edit: yeah, paynomind, i did neglect the stars. i am 99.999% sure the stars will be back on the next jerseys.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I like the idea behind the first version better... I think with some nice shading (maybe even some camoflage paint, despite the fact that the normal general doesn't do much actualy fighting), it could've worked well.

This new guy is a little too Picasso for me. Nice artwork, but IMO it belongs more in a frame than on a jersey.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

for the moment i didn't feel like messing around with the first general, gonna save the major work on patton there for the next two days...so tank and cole, i decided to play it your ways, tank with the colors and cole with the jersey.

click here to see the third incarnation of the jersey

had to play a little my way too, as i used the second general as the crest...i'm gonna see how patton looks on there when i fix him up, though. ;) tank, as he said earlier, didn't think the first color scheme i used works, and suggested red, white and blue...and cole wasn't a big fan of the striping. so i kept the dark navy, got rid of the rest of what i had before, and added red. also, as you can see, a new cut including a red third that resembles some team from detroit.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Those colors are much better discrim, although maybe you should add a 3rd color like gold to complete it.

Although it does look pretty good now as is, Gold will add just enough to make it even better.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I dunno Discrim, I think I like the design and colors of the first set the best. As for the logos, 'Patton' looks like a real tough guy... iwouldn't mess with him. The second guy looks a bit evil, and kinda like I could take him in a scrap.

The new FG patch is great, though. I'd keep that.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

i finally give you the Patton General, version 2

pattongeneral2.gif

i also bring you the jerseys using Tank's latest color scheme suggestion: (click here)

personally i like it better than i thought i would. i'm hoping you guys feel likewise...as you can see, i borrowed a few things from the other general, and that's all i have to say on that.

for kicks, i actually had another jersey which is currently the last one i've done in the colors i was originally using. click here to see that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived