Sign in to follow this  
elliott

Miami Marlins Concept

So I have been away at my friend's beach house for the past week, but I had been working on this concept in the days prior to leaving. I finished it up tonight.

Here is what I don't like about the Marlins uniforms and what I sought to change:

-Too much black for me. Not much of an identity with a black-based look, I think.

-Black pinstripes really don't stand out much to me. I prefer teal.

-I guess the black alternate with a silver wordmark don't really do it for me, either.

Now, as most of us know, the Marlins are rumored to be getting new duds for next season, along with taking the name Miami. So, I used the 'M' marlin logo found on their b.p. hat. I think a rumor was also that they were going to be incorporating orange. So, I took the orange and ran with it. But really the main thing is teal...I brought back the teal pinstripes, along with teal wordmarks + road alternate. The home alternate I thought would be cool with a teal undershirt complimenting the sleeveless look.

Really the only thing I am not satisfied with is the fact that there is no "Miami" wordmark. I tried to make one but it just didn't work out. I was going to put it on the teal alternate.

***If someone has this wordmark or wants to help that would be awesome.

C+C is welcomed. I hope you like it.

(full view clicking is encouraged)

FloridaMarlinsConcept.gif

Teal is great, the more the better, I can even live with the teal pinstripes like they used to have. The orange however is bad, especially in this design. I'm in the anti-orange camp of Marlins fans, I think they need to distance themselves from the Dolphins as much as possible. The orange you have is way too bright, it hurts my eyes where it bumps up next to the teal, especially the 'M' in the logo. I tried to do a Miami wordmark as well when I did a Miami Marlins concept, but it wasn't good either. Actually I'm pretty sure they are changing everything but the colors, which is good, because even if you can get the Miami to look good, it doesn't look right with the current script and logos. Also I'm not a fan of the 'M' BP logo they don't even use anymore(at least I haven't seen it in a long while). My favorite is the home alt, it reminds me of one of the team's original uniforms. If you trade black for the orange this will look 100 times better.

So I have been away at my friend's beach house for the past week, but I had been working on this concept in the days prior to leaving. I finished it up tonight.

Here is what I don't like about the Marlins uniforms and what I sought to change:

-Too much black for me. Not much of an identity with a black-based look, I think.

-Black pinstripes really don't stand out much to me. I prefer teal.

-I guess the black alternate with a silver wordmark don't really do it for me, either.

Now, as most of us know, the Marlins are rumored to be getting new duds for next season, along with taking the name Miami. So, I used the 'M' marlin logo found on their b.p. hat. I think a rumor was also that they were going to be incorporating orange. So, I took the orange and ran with it. But really the main thing is teal...I brought back the teal pinstripes, along with teal wordmarks + road alternate. The home alternate I thought would be cool with a teal undershirt complimenting the sleeveless look.

Really the only thing I am not satisfied with is the fact that there is no "Miami" wordmark. I tried to make one but it just didn't work out. I was going to put it on the teal alternate.

***If someone has this wordmark or wants to help that would be awesome.

C+C is welcomed. I hope you like it.

(full view clicking is encouraged)

FloridaMarlinsConcept.gif

love it, love it, love it! especially the home alt. i also love the teal pinstripes!! great concept!

First of all, the orange needs more red to work, it's too yellow. Secondly, on the numbers, nameplate, and wordmark on the front, you have black and orange and that look is different from the hat logo and throws it off. Honestly you just need to ditch the black on the numbers and letters. As far as the teal, I understand if it seems too bright, but that depends on how your monitor is set up. I had mine at default and it was too bright, and then I went into Adobe Gamma and clicked the settings I had there which is closer to what it looks like when I print, and the teal is fine there. So the teal may be darker on his monitor than on your when you view it. Overall, I'd give it a grade of B. It's nothing that we haven't seen before, and that's why it's not better. I know doing something original is tough, but I was hoping for something solid yet different.

I like it alot, altough I agree it could be more orange.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some black in there, a little more that is. I could see a black jersey as another alternate as well, and I personally think the chest logo would look awesome with the M starting to spell out Marlins on the front, and even another alternate with the M logo spelling Miami.

It kinda sucks though. I've always been a Marlins fan, but with my recent abandonment of the Devil Rays I was enjoying rooting for the team for Florida named for the state. But I guess Miami will be ok, lol.

Teal pinstripes are sweet. Would like to see a second cap, maybe teal with an orange bill. Great work!

There's teal! I love it! I don't see any orange though. I see gold, but not orange. Despite Fishheatcats' concerns I wouldn't have any problem with the Marlins sharing similar colors with the Dolphins. Teal and orange could become unofficial city colors for Miami similar to the way that black and yellow/gold are the city colors of Pittsburgh. Great work.

I really like them a lot. 10/10!

The only thing I'm not digging is the yellow "M." Might be better if it was white with a black-yellow outline.

here is the link to a "miami" script.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=58951

Right, but it's not the same style that I need.

I have some updates almost done guys, one with no orange and one with darker orange. So I probably will have those out by the end of the day. Thanks for all comments so far.

Both look incredibly sharp. I like the orange more, but that's because I like bright colors. The no orange set looks a bit crisper and has more of a "professional" aura.

I don't like how the "M" interlocking with the fish looks, especially on the caps. Other than that, great designs! The orange looks pretty good.

I am a HUGE fan of the orange!! it looks really good and i think it would be unique to baseball.

This would be great to ring in a new era with. New look, with a new name and new stadium.