New York Americans

Discrim

sheesh...seems like when I have a favorite, I like to stick to it. So once again, I have a New York Americans concept for your viewing pleasure,and similar to a blushing bride I bring you something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue...tacking on something modified, here goes the full logo set:

americansid.png

and then the uniforms:

home/dark

americansdark.png

away/white

americanslight.png

third

americansthird.png

the home/away design is almost exactly the same design I used for the last Americans set, the only real difference is the modified NY and new breezers. the two alts I released the last time out were a flag-based red/white hooped design and Yankee-ish pinstripes, so I wanted to do something that resembled neither. this was basically done off the cuff, in all honesty.

the shoulder logo, the five stars, is essentially the same as my last try, this is the only logo that wasn't modified or completely new...the Americans wordmark now has a star dotting the I, and over time, the old NY/flame looked dated to me, so I decided to slightly alter the NY, and made a more radical change to the flame, which used to be all red but now has an inner gold flame. There used to be a torch A logo as well, but that didn't seem to age that well, so I created the flame-star as a result.

So what say you, Creamerboard?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I love it, except for the stars you've put on the jerseys. I think it's a tad bit busy for a home and an away.

shoot...compared to what the real Americans wore for most of their history, this is pretty tame :lol:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I absolutely love the NY-torch. Freakin' genius. The flame star isn't even in it's league. The flame for the top point over-powers the rest of the shape almost to the point were it's not a star. I know it is, but I think I should see star first, flame second for that one. Tone that down, and you've got a winner.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Pippi called she wants her Longstockings back. :D

But truthfully it is a very good set. Besides making the socks more traditional, I would thin the flame on top of the star just a bit, and drop the stars in the stripes. Instead I would make the striping on the home and away mimic the flag striping.

But that is just me.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived