Nehl bufalo team

winters in buffalo

I just read an article about the Northern Michigan Predators of the North Eastern Hockey League moving to Buffalo this fall.

There's a forum set up here with a name the team poll and a logo design contest, for anyone who is interested.

Here's the article is you want more info:

More Pro Hockey Coming to WNY

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Just read? It's two weeks old. I figured someone would post it.

The names are down to Blast, Stampede, and Storm. I saw that on official owner's poll.

Team won't make it, playing in Pepsi Center, Buffalo St, or Nichols...is pretty weak.

It was in today's Buffalo News. That was the first that I'd heard of it, and I hadn't seen it here yet, so I figured it was new news.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

They put this on the last page of the paper. I don't have the full article but here's part of it because you have to pay for the whole.

MINOR LEAGUE HOCKEY TEAM COMING

Article 1 of 1 found.

Published on January 27, 2004

471 words

TIM GRAHAM - News Sports Reporter

No matter what comes of the NHL's volatile labor predicament next season, Joe Kolodziej plans to produce professional hockey in Western New York.

Kolodziej has scheduled a news conference for Friday in the Adam's Mark Hotel to announce he will move his minor league hockey team to the area for the 2004-05 campaign.

Kolodziej is an owner and the general manager of the Northern Michigan Predators of the financially unstable International Independent Hockey League. Jason Woolley, a

Archived