Royals Concept

clutch

Nickname on Home. Location name/initials on road. Don't break this rule. Unless it's one or the other on both. But if you're gonna have the nickname on a jersey and the location on the other jersey, they should follow the rule. Plus the black was already dropped because they realized it was unnecessary and not part of their identity, don't think they'd ever go back to it in such an obviously "just for the sake of having black' way as you have done here.

I don't hate black in their scheme as much as most, but black vests suck. Actually, any color vest pretty much sucks.

As for the rest of the concept, put the KC on the road jersey and the Royals script on the home. Then either use a number on both, or on neither. If you use the number on the KC jersey, move it up to the same level as the KC. Also, use a more "baseball"ish font. The one you chose looks better suited for a hockey jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nickname on Home. Location name/initials on road. Don't break this rule.

That other team in Missouri sure does well breaking this rule.

Again and again, this isn't a rule. It's just something that's kind of nice in many cases, but not in all cases.

It's not like, say, I were to go to a Twins game at the Metrodome, and the Royals were wearing jerseys bearing "Royals" instead of "Kansas City," and I'd ask, "Gosh, they're the Royals, but where are they from?"

Again and again, this isn't a rule. It's just something that's kind of nice in many cases, but not in all cases.

It's not like, say, I were to go to a Twins game at the Metrodome, and the Royals were wearing jerseys bearing "Royals" instead of "Kansas City," and I'd ask, "Gosh, they're the Royals, but where are they from?"

I think his point was that IF you're going to represent the nickname on one jersey, and the city on another, then it should be nickname-home, city-away. No problem with using city-home city-road, or nickname-home nickname-road.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think his point was that IF you're going to represent the nickname on one jersey, and the city on another, then it should be nickname-home, city-away. No problem with using city-home city-road, or nickname-home nickname-road.

Or the point is that it shouldn't matter, KC is there cap logo and main logo. So it doensn't just represent the city of Kansas City. If it spelled out in the script of "Kansas City" then it probably wouldn't work.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

Or the point is that it shouldn't matter, KC is there cap logo and main logo. So it doensn't just represent the city of Kansas City. If it spelled out in the script of "Kansas City" then it probably wouldn't work.

The KC on the home doesn't matter, but it looks odd to then put Royals on the road. I can't think of any other team that does this (not that it is wrong just because nobody else does it, but in this case there is a reason nobody is doing it.)

It's certainly not a "rule" like someone said, its just very non-traditional, and at least as it pertains to this concept, there's no real astheticly justifiable reason to do it.

NO to the black. It is not a good look for the Royals

As a Royals Fan, I concure. However, the concept is good. I like the grays and the outline on the KC.

We got rid of the black to go back to the true blue look of "sky/columbia blue"

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived