Jake22's NHL 3rd Series

jake22

Me and everyone else hopes the NHL gets third jerseys for teams next season. So, I have a concept for every team!

they will be based on the teams current EDGE jerseys and team colors...

First, The Colorado Avalanche

ColoradoAvalanche.png

C&C

________________________________________________________________________________

Here are the teams so far...

western.png

Anaheim

Colorado

Calgary

Chicago

Columbus,V.1,V.2

Dallas,V.1,V.2,V.3

Detroit, V.1, V.2,V.3, V.4

Edmonton, V.1

LA

Minnesota

eastern.png

Atlanta

Boston

Buffalo

Carolina,V.1,V.2

Florda

Montreal

New Jersey

New York Rangers,V.1

Pittsburgh

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're all more than shocked you chose the Avs first...

IMO, it all works- except for the name. It's too small, and Arial Black is not exactly a good font for that.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

I have a feeling I am not going to enjoy this series. I have always been a sucker for creative concepts. I sometimes unfairly tore apart some of Korbyn's in his (NHL third jersey) series because there was nothing really new. But I hope, for your sake, that you don't use every team's home/away template for this series. It's not that it looks bad, it just requires very little thought/effort. If you do this, I will tell you right now that I am not going to be this thread's biggest fan.

I have a feeling I am not going to enjoy this series. I have always been a sucker for creative concepts. I sometimes unfairly tore apart some of Korbyn's in his (NHL third jersey) series because there was nothing really new. But I hope, for your sake, that you don't use every team's home/away template for this series. It's not that it looks bad, it just requires very little thought/effort. If you do this, I will tell you right now that I am not going to be this thread's biggest fan.

Ok, I want to try some different things, some of them will be straight forward and some will be out there. I might even make two for every team, one that is normal, and one that is Different.

idk, but hage in there, these will be cool.

also, does anyone want to send me the link to some hhl fonts? i saw them on here once but i lost them. you know, so i can get the numbers and letters right?

also, does anyone want to send me the link to some hhl fonts? i saw them on here once but i lost them. you know, so i can get the numbers and letters right?

The Templates topic is an amazing thing to check.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

haha. thats where i was before and i was just haveing a brain fart.

haha. thats where i was before and i was just haveing a brain fart.

The Jake22 story.

Hi, how are you?

ok, with one exeption (the avalanche) I am going to put up the concepts in the order they are in on the site.

so, here is the Anahime Ducks.

I hate their colors, so it was hard to make something out of it. I think this is not too sharp but here it is anyway...

nime.png

C&C

i hear you elliot, i will work on making them more creative, but i think that what i am doing is cool and some people have the same ideas as me but i think its just good to get it up as an image.

ok, with one exeption (the avalanche) I am going to put up the concepts in the order they are in on the site.

I hate their colors, so it was hard to make something out of it. I think this is not too sharp but here it is anyway...

nime.png

C&C

i hear you elliot, i will work on making them more creative, but i think that what i am doing is cool and some people have the same ideas as me but i think its just good to get it up as an image.

Hey dont worry dude. Even as a Ducks fan i'll say you had nothing but a plate of hurl to work with. that being said, I think you did the best you could with what you had. IMO, Id make the jersey orange and the socks black, but then again it'd scream Flyers almost. This was a toughie, I bet. But like I said, you did the best you could with what you had, and I pat you on the back for that. Good job using the "D" instead of the wordmark too. It looks much more sharper on a uni than the wordmark does.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

nime.png

C&C

Hey dont worry dude. Even as a Ducks fan i'll say you had nothing but a plate of hurl to work with. that being said, I think you did the best you could with what you had. IMO, Id make the jersey orange and the socks black, but then again it'd scream Flyers almost. This was a toughie, I bet. But like I said, you did the best you could with what you had, and I pat you on the back for that. Good job using the "D" instead of the wordmark too. It looks much more sharper on a uni than the wordmark does.

How is it the best he could have done if your saying it would be better in orange?

Hi, how are you?

That ducks jersey needs to be a different colour, that makes the old Preds shirt look like the work of a genius. Try doing one that is black or even white, but not snot colour whatever. Do something like the alternate they had a few years ago with the black, eggplant, silver.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

nime.png

C&C

How is it the best he could have done if your saying it would be better in orange?

What I meant was that I'd probably make it orange, but I didnt say it'd look better. Infact, if you read later on I took it back saying it wou'ld look too Flyer-ish with Orange and a pair of black socks. I never said the orange would look better. He had (though it sucks to say) perhaps the worst identity in all of sports to work with here. Given what he had, he did a pretty good job.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

nime.png

C&C

What I meant was that I'd probably make it orange, but I didnt say it'd look better. Infact, if you read later on I took it back saying it wou'ld look too Flyer-ish with Orange and a pair of black socks. I never said the orange would look better. He had (though it sucks to say) perhaps the worst identity in all of sports to work with here. Given what he had, he did a pretty good job.

I read your post, but as soon as you mention that you would have done something better the whole "you did the best you could have done with what you had" notion goes out the window.

Hi, how are you?

Ok, Thanks for the feedback on both jerseys. Now it is time for ATLANTA! This is for you elliot! This one is pretty straight forward. I thought about putting the "batman" logo as the main logo but i turned that around and just used the primary.

So...Here it is..

upintheATL.png

What do you think?

Ok, I like the colors at least on the jersey, but I just hate the design. And Iknow it's not your idea, so I'm not discouraging you, per say, just that design. I've always hated "ATLANTA" down the arm. Idk what it is about it, it just looks so odd. Sort of like the Penguins darks in the late-90's where the sleeves had two different designs, it just looked odd. I think the best way to go would be to do something else with the design and keep the colors and stuff goin. That's just my two cents. Keep up the good overall work tho, bud. Your stuff is great, I like it alot.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Archived