New South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL) Logos

Ez Street

I love this identity package. It represents a major improvement over the previous cartoon mascot.

To my mind, it is the subtle touches that add so much to the overall package. For instance, I may be reading too much into the primary logo, but I suspect that the decision to have the stingray's tail pointing so straight down - and ending in such an arrow-like point - may well have been to emphasize the fact that the team is the South Carolina Stingrays. I also love the "S" hidden in the flowing curves of the South Carolina flag secondary.

Finally, the shoulder logo featuring a hockey puck's motion-lines forming the road deck of the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge is a thing of beauty.

An outstanding job!

another high praise for the alts. the flag is magic. the bridge is "new" Charleston all the way. the main logo will still need grow to me. not big on the 2 color shield.

8.5/10

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Over all it is a great upgrade. I like the Bridge alternate the most. As stated, the streaking puck/road deck is such a nice yet suttle touch. The problem I'm having with the Stingray logo is that it appears as a duplicate shield design. The Stingray silhouette creates a shield. To place that inside another shield seems like overkill. They might have been able to create a thick outline around the Stingray only, then have the tail "pierce" the outline. Then the Bridge alt logo could lay in a Stingray silhouette shaped shield. (say that x fast!)

Again, Over all this is a VERY solid sesign package. Great word mark.

What I think is ironic is that the previous logo with the Stingray chomping the stick was referred to as "dumbo" by folks here in Charleston but the new logo has a very striking semblance of an elephant from the front. . . .

fade.gif

Archived