2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

Ducks trade defenseman Sean O'Donnell to the Kings for a 2009 conditional draft pick. The conditions on the pick are if the Kings trade O'D before the trade deadline, then the Ducks get a 3rd round pick. If they Kings dont trade him, then the Ducks get nothing... not even a bag of pucks...

Notes:

Ducks get under the salary cap by a smidge with the deal, expect one more smaller move to follow.

This is only the 2nd trade ever between Anaheim and Los Angeles. Both coming within this calender year. The Ducks traded a draft pick to the Kings for Jean-Sebastian Aubin at the Trade Deadline last year.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, the NHL's preseason is here and Sundin has yet to sign with anyone.

Is he retiring to pursue a career in poker, or are teams lowballing him that badly?

He needs to make up his freaking mind!

I'm hoping he doesn't sign with the Canucks, he obviously has no desire to play hockey, if he really wanted to play he would of started training and made up his mind. He will likely sign mid season with the Rangers or Red Wings for almost nothing.

He will sign with them for nothing bcause he wants a chance at the cup, and we all know he will not be having a chance with the LEafs or Canucks.

I'm betting on him retiring. I don't think he has the desire anymore. He said he would make a decision by September, and Sundin is always a man of his word. He said he didn't want to be the guy coming in halfway through the season, and didn't believe in the concept of a rental player. I think he retires or (very small chance) he goes to Sweden.

I support him with any decision he makes. I'd like to see him headlining the scoring line on the Habs, and I think if he comes back there is a good possibility it might happen.

Canucks name Roberto Luongo as captain....Mitchell will wear an A, but deal with the officials while Ohlund and Kesler will wear the other 2 A's.

I totally want a Luongo jersey with a big giant C on the front now. :D

Here you go-

nhl_g_luongo_580.jpg

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Canucks name Roberto Luongo as captain....Mitchell will wear an A, but deal with the officials while Ohlund and Kesler will wear the other 2 A's.

Here you go-

nhl_g_luongo_580.jpg

HAH! I didn't even think of that. Well, then let me correct my statement and say I want a jersey in which there is a 5th C on it (counting the C in Vancouver, the C in the logo, and the two C's on the shoulders). :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

This is what it would look like.

Untitled.jpg

Honestly, just put the C on the jersey. What is the point of calling him captain if he cant wear the C. So he wont be to able to do the opening faceoff or talk to the refs at center...having 4 alternate captains is stupid...

beLEAF

This is what it would look like.

Untitled.jpg

Or like this:

1271857788_3a303d9a18.jpg

:D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

In a little bit of television news the NHL Network in the US will be airing Hockey Night in Canada this year. In addition they are also going to be airing 17 TSN Wednesday games in the States.

If you are a fan of a Canadian team and live in the States I suggest you get NHL Network as every game (except for the Prague game) it is airing this year features at least 1 Canadian team (and with them airing HNIC there is a lot of Leafs games).

Here is press release and the full NHL Network schedule.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hock...work_in_the_us/

Archived