Sacramento Kings

Shumway

I had nothing to do the other day, so I sat down with a sketchbook and a pencil for about an hour I came up with what seemed to be a decent looking king-type guy, so I opted to slap it on some uniforms and see what happened. I like the script logo and thought about using it as the primary wordmark, but opted against it, for no real reason other than I found a font that I altered into something I liked. I've always liked the old Bucks jerseys with the colored rectangles down the side, so I did something similar here. I kept the purple, although it is on the blue side, and went with gold, and for some reason, lavender. It's a rarely used color in sports, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. C&C welcome, although it was just kind of a 'on a whim' concept, so I doubt I'll do any more work on it. I just figured I'd share.

Kings.png

I like the direction you are heading in, but there's a few things I'm not so hot on.

1-You have 3 different fonts including the number font plus the classic wordmark. I'd say go ahead and keep the classic wordmark for the alt (that wasa good idea BTW, great job), and settle for one consistent fone amongst the home and roads. Obviously, some teams use different number fonts as thier wordmark fonts and that's ok. It's just that where you have a solid font used for the home, and another different solid font used for the road, I'd say use one or the other for your wordmarks and ditch the other font.

2-The numbers are waaay too big on your home and roads. They actually look ok on the alt but downsize the numbers on your home and road if you could.

3-I dont think the darker purple stripes on the side work. the side panels I think yould look just fine without the three stripes on each side. Just take thouse away and those side panels would look very nice.

That's all I have for ya. It looks godd dont get me wrong, its just those small things that I think if taken care of would really make it pop. The King looks awesome by the way, great job on him. Keep it up!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Love that logo. Also, I dig the side panels.

A couple of things though:

-The king head is facing the wrong way, it should always face forward. Flip it around or move it to the other leg. Also, I know the alt is supposed to be retro, but it's missing something. Maybe try something on the sides.

-I agree with mantle, you need to use less fonts. I really like the Kings script. Why not use it with the "Sacramento" font?

-Also, it looks really blue, but that could just be our monitors. I like the idea with the lavendar.

-Finally, I think you should use more gold on the road jersey. I think it would help it look more regal.

Overall, it's very nice, just a couple of things to tweak.

Your choice of colors is wrong. It gives a very flat feel. The purple and the light blue are too close in hue. Throw in the fact that the light blue and the beige/tan/vegas gold is is the same tone as the light blue means one of those two colors needs to be ditched. The choice of colors should be in a ratio form 70%, 20%, 5%. That would be 70% dark or light, 25% opposite of the 70%, and 5% accent color. So for you on the road it should be 70% purple, 25% white, tan, light blue, and then 5% yellow or a bright blue.

Archived