Goalie Helmet Design Competition

lets_go_red

woah that is cool

just a thought

pick a jersey number other than 1 or 30 something

i would loveto see goalies wearing something different for once

Man... no way... I hate it when goalies wear numbers that aren't 1 or 30 something. It's like they're trying to hard to be cool. Goalies should be proud of the great history of netminders wearing those numbers. 27 is fine though because it was Ron Hextall's number and he, literally, kicked arse.

Well what about before Hextall?

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love seeing your guys mask designs on here.. awesome work. I actually already have a few roughriders designs completed, ones that i did just for the hell of it a while back. But I can't display them here. seeing as i am an airbrush artist who specializes in Goalie masks. lol. but again, awesome job guys. obviously my favourite thread on here.. well this one and the one about beer. :) have a great day.

sig.png

Thanks for the props on the first image...here's a second idea I had. I left the chin area open this time around since it would be a great area to airbrush a nickname.

2.jpg

With the "RR" logo broken up by those holes and in that circle, I at very first thought it was a swastika. I think that logo is fine, but it shouldn't be in a place where one cannot immediately tell that it's an RR and not a swastika.

• 2 weeks later...
I promise..i won't do any more..go ahead, I'd like to see what you come up with too......I just got a creative worm in me with hockey...I love to do concepts for it since there's not many around....

Maybe you can do my other idea, because I can't get it to look right. It was going to be cedar trees all up the left side and water-rapids on the bottom right, then some team mark in the top right.

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly after July 10... have you given any thought to the designs? Voting still gonna happen? I know that you probably expected more activity here, but I think that there are some good things, or you could divide up what you do have if you don't want to vote for only three concepts (especially because BLUE's are better than mine :grin:).

Actually...I'm extending this one week. Friday August 1...at Noon CST. Yes there hasn't been as much activity as I liked. That linked with my equipment managers lack of ordering my helmet has delayed this but...to the winners the reward still stands. There are some ideas I have milling around in my head...a couple inspired by these designs. So DESIGNERS OF THIS GREAT BOARD LETS SEE WHAT YOU CAN COME UP WITH IN ONE WEEK!!!!

brewerssig.jpg

Archived