Goalie Helmet Design Competition

lets_go_red

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the buffalo fusion hockey team is doing the same thing.

www.buffalofusion.com

That's two Fusion mentions in two unrelated threads, in his first two posts...SPAMMER!!

not trying to spam, but i cant start my own thread either for some reason. thought this was pertinent

First off, Congrats on making the team. I have some friends in Cedar Rapids so I know how popular the RoughRiders are. Alright so here are my concepts. They were thrown together pretty quick in photoshop so they don't have that airbrush look like the real hockey masks. I was inspired by carolinaBLUE's helmets, which by the way are fantastic. They almost made be back away from this request, but I want to give it a try anyway. You don't see these types of request very often. So it here it goes...

Concept 1 - Is fairly simple. A side profile of the RoughRiders mascot blowing fire out his nose. The green blends in with the checkered flag at the bottom of the helmet. I put the goalie's number on the chin of the mask like most goalie masks. I wanted the number to look the best I could to that of a NASCAR number on the side of the car. The top of the helmet has the RR logo. I wanted it to look like the mask was branded by a cattle brand (if that makes sense). I struggled with the back of the mask. I left it with the option of the name of the player in a western font. Maybe some one can suggest another idea...

concept1.png

Concept 2 - Is similar to concept one except this time the RoughRiders mascot is facing the front and on the top of the mask. Again the horse is blowing fire out of it's nose. I have the RR logo branded on side of the helmet this time. I think the side of the mask is still missing something. Any ideas? The back of the mask has two crossing flags. The one on right is a checkered flag and the other is the alt. Cedar Rapids RoughRiders logo.

concept2.png

So thats it. C&C is more than welcome. I'd be happy to change these to you liking if their is a concept your interested in. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I guess I can see where it does distract from the logo. I redid it to concentrate more on the images....how's this one?

3.jpg

Awesome designs BLUE. You seem to have a knack at designing masks. Ever think of making it a career?

Dude stop bumping old threads!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived