Cubs Blue Alternates

CC97

Hoping to avoid the Cubs blue alts this weekend in Toronto... the starting pitchers are Fri: Zambrano, Sat: Marquis, Sun: Lilly... am I doomed to witness blue alt horror or am I good to see some road greys this weekend?

thanks

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

What's wrong, exactly, with the blue alts? Or are you just against the alts in general?

The Cubs blue jerseys are actually quite nice for an alternate... I've just never seen, in person, the Cubs play in their road grey uniforms (which are one of my favourite road 'kits')

I asked earlier about avoiding the Braves blue road alternates, now that was out of pure disdain.

---

Chris Creamer

as a Cubs fan, IMO they've had far better road grays than the current one. anyways, to answer your question, I figure Marquis and Lilly will be in gray.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If the blue alts are the only point in your decision - Marquis would be a touch safer than Lilly. Here's the numbers (I just looked up road games):

Lilly has worn the greys 5 times, and the blues 2 (once in April, once in May), while Marquis has worn the grey's 5 times, and the blues once (in late April). I'm 90% Zambrano has worn the blues for every road game, but MLB.com started crashing durring my research, so I can't confirm for sure.

Of course, Z's more "entertaining," or emotional, and is the ace of the staff - so that could be fun too...

Moose

If the blue alts are the only point in your decision - Marquis would be a touch safer than Lilly. Here's the numbers (I just looked up road games):

Lilly has worn the greys 5 times, and the blues 2 (once in April, once in May), while Marquis has worn the grey's 5 times, and the blues once (in late April). I'm 90% Zambrano has worn the blues for every road game, but MLB.com started crashing durring my research, so I can't confirm for sure.

Of course, Z's more "entertaining," or emotional, and is the ace of the staff - so that could be fun too...

Moose

Yeah but Z's facing AJ Burnett... I've seen enough Burnett Blowups this season, thank-you :)

I think I'll take a shot at the Sunday Lilly game... he seems to prefer the greys over the blues + the added bonus of booing him would be fun

Thanks for the stats guys!

---

Chris Creamer

Zambrano will wear the blues for sure.

Marquis was pitching last night and they wore the grays.

Not sure about Lilly.

They are playing at Toronto and Fridays are Flashback Fridays were they wear the powder blue retros. Let hope Zambrano and the Cubs don't come out in the blue alt and have Toronto wear the powder blue :blink:

Marquis would be the best bet, especially coming off his win in the gray yesterday if he's the superstitious type. The only way Zambrano wears gray is if the Blue Jays wear their blue alts...wait, never mind. :)

(But seriously, do the throwbacks count as blue vs. blue?)

EDIT: I see Bama beat me to it.

Marquis would be the best bet, especially coming off his win in the gray yesterday if he's the superstitious type. The only way Zambrano wears gray is if the Blue Jays wear their blue alts...wait, never mind. :)

(But seriously, do the throwbacks count as blue vs.blue?)

Not sure. I seem to remember that the Royals played in powder blue versus the Twins in navy blue in April.

Speaking of the Blue Jays, how easy are tickets to come by at the Rogers Centre? I might be coming up to Toronto for the weekend series in August against Boston and wanted to catch the 3-game set. How much would that cost me (or, do they raise the price for certain opponents like the Sox do) and how easy are they to come by? Still have plenty at the box office by game time?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Speaking of the Blue Jays, how easy are tickets to come by at the Rogers Centre? I might be coming up to Toronto for the weekend series in August against Boston and wanted to catch the 3-game set. How much would that cost me (or, do they raise the price for certain opponents like the Sox do) and how easy are they to come by? Still have plenty at the box office by game time?

Tickets go up depending on the opponent... a Summer weekend series vs. Boston will be the most expensive price you will pay to see a game here... tickets are generally easy to come by but might be harder because of the team you're seeing and the time you are going there. Plus there's the added bonus of the Yankees in town the night before, so you could have a lot of Yankee fans hanging around for the series to hate on the Red Sox.

---

Chris Creamer

Tickets go up depending on the opponent... a Summer weekend series vs. Boston will be the most expensive price you will pay to see a game here... tickets are generally easy to come by but might be harder because of the team you're seeing and the time you are going there. Plus there's the added bonus of the Yankees in town the night before, so you could have a lot of Yankee fans hanging around for the series to hate on the Red Sox.

To say nothing of a healthy influx of Red Sox Nation in for a weekend set. I imagine you could get tickets up to game time but they might not be in the primo locales that you can usually snare for a mid-week, non-Red Sox/Yankee opponent...

As for the Cubs-Jays: As you know CC97, Toronto usually wears black at home Saturdays and Sundays. Cubbies in grey would sure provide a better contrast. I'm working Saturday and also hope to see Chicago in grey, , so I'm gambling on Sunday myself. (I remember there was a time when I'd base my game decisions on the starting pitchers!) :)

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

As mentioned above, Big Z is a lock to wear blue anytime he pitches now that the Northsiders have brought back the alts.

But regardless of which uniforms the Cubs decide to break out for the Toronto series, if I were a Jays fan, I would choose to go on Saturday just to see Halladay throw. That dude is a freaking beast!

6uXNWAo.png

if I were a Jays fan, I would choose to go on Saturday just to see Halladay throw. That dude is a freaking beast!

And it looks like that's now what we're doing... when my dad says "i'd rather see halladay", I'm not arguing.

So i probably get greys (Marquis) and my dad gets his starting pitcher... everybody wins, except the Cubs :)

---

Chris Creamer

Big Z is pitching Thursday against the Braves. He will be wearing the throwbacks for that game.

That's right - Piniella had been talking about moving him up to get him an extra start before the all-star game, so the match-ups are now listed as:

Fri. Sean Gallagher vs. AJ Burnett

Sat. Jason Marquis vs. Roy Halladay

Sun. Ted Lilly vs. Jesse Litsch

Moose

Archived