CC97

MLB Spring Training Begins!

Thanks Chris for striaghtening me out. And yes, I know that Nomar is not a Dodger bec/ the trade didn't go through. I'm just venting a little bit. Oh, and thanks for the Gagne and Green pics! Mahalo!

Thanks Chris for striaghtening me out. And yes, I know that Nomar is not a Dodger bec/ the trade didn't go through. I'm just venting a little bit. Oh, and thanks for the Gagne and Green pics! Mahalo!

Sorry, not much of a Shawn Green fan here... kinda bailed on us when we needed him (imagine Green and Delgado on the same team with the seasons both of those guys had in 2000? :wacko::blink: )

Anywho, at least he didn't lie about re-signing then leave as a free agent, he gave us a chance to trade him first. (i'm looking at you T-Whack)

Number on the brim of the helmet in the jays custom font.... that's a new one.

Better than graphite, for sure.

those actually look ok with the blue piping on the pants

they would look even better with it also on the sleeves though

those actually look ok with the blue piping on the pants

they would look even better with it also on the sleeves though

Exactly. With it just on the pants, it looks kind of thrown on as an afterthought. And the graphite looks even worse with the black undershirt. The contrast makes the hats look dingy, washed-out, and faded. That helmet does look nice, though.

CC97 Posted on Mar 2 2004, 12:17 AM

Number on the brim of the helmet in the jays custom font.... that's a new one.

Better than graphite, for sure. 

How that a custom font it looks like the numbers from the pro bowl uniforms.

PB2.jpg

Now that don't make a lick of sense... but hey, whatever. It's not my fault you guys got rid of Richie... hate your ownership, not a country.

Boy, Brewers fans are touchy.

I just said that because you got under my skin with that comment, I thought of the only thing that would do the same.

Sorry dude, I guess its been a LOOOONG time since the bandwagon has been in town, so Im constantly having to defend the image of my team.

The NFL Pro Bowl uniforms and Toronto use different fonts. The "custom" font used by the Jays is actually Crillee, also used by the University of New Hampshire in its logo and hockey uniforms. I can't quite place the font used of the name plates though.

jpslapshot22 Posted on Mar 3 2004, 11:00 AM

The NFL Pro Bowl uniforms and Toronto use different fonts. The "custom" font used by the Jays is actually Crillee, also used by the University of New Hampshire in its logo and hockey uniforms. I can't quite place the font used of the name plates though

They look very similar to me.

ESPN is showing Mets vs Dodgers right now if you want some spring action.

Here is a set of the Crille numbers:

bc2801fe7ee33f520606aa3cec8a0981.png

You can see the difference between the "2" on Crillee and the Pro Bowl uniforms.

XPCH102022315_lower.jpg

Hey, where's the glasses? And the gut?

Eric Gagne is my favorite non-Cardinal for the precise reason that he's a fat guy with glasses and yet still a stud. He gives me a reason to live!

Juan Gonzalez as a Kansas City Royal

capt.rsb10202282245.royals_spring_rsb102.jpg

Whoa. I love those Royals jerseys. Very sharp indeed.

This is just plain spooky!

2998185JG001_Diamondbacks022819_lower.jpg

Yikes! Purple just ain't Robbie's colour...

Plus he looks possessed in that picture too. Catch da taste! ^_^

Scott Spiezio just doesn't look right in a Mariners uni...

EMT201022917_lower.jpg

Oh, I think he looks just fine. B)

The O's look great. Not very big changes, but they look much better than they did last year, IMHO.