Donaghy Alleges other Refs altered Games in Court Letter

jkrdevil

...not only 2002, but in 2001, I seem to remember some Bucks players saying the NBA obviously wanted Philly to face LA for obvious reasons...IDK the circumstances though...

I didn't watch the game, but from hearing about it, Dikembe Mutumbo was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted.

PvO6ZWJ.png

OJ said he cut his hand in Chicago upon hearing that Nicole was found dead.

Kenneth Lay and Jeff Skilling told the court they each had no idea of Enron's financial troubles.

President Clinton said he did not have s#x with Monica Lewinsky.

Hmm...One of those things is not like the other.

Anyway, I'll be interested to hear what happens here. MLB has a credibility problem because of the steroid era. NFL has a credibility problem because all of its players are murderous thugs. NBA has a credibility because its refs help to fix games. NHL would have a credibility problem, except no one watches the damn sport, I mean, they change the rules too frequently for anyone to know what's going on.

I'm the first to admit that professional wrestling is not a legitimate sport and I would never consider it as such, but at this point, it's hard to see the difference between WWE and the other sports leagues, no? I mean, at the least the WWE is upfront about the fact that it's all a work.

All I can say is that the more I read about the NFL, NBA, and MLB, the more I like NASCAR. I gotta think that if racing is rigged then Dale Jr. and Danica Patrick would win a lot more races.

Wait wasn't there a lot of raised eyebrows when Dale Jr. won that one race at Daytona after his dad died?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking the NBA was crooked since the Jordan days in the early 90s. The NBA is such an easy sport for conspiracy theorists to watch because the officiating is pretty awful on a fairly consistent basis. I never saw Game 6 of the WCF in '02, but I have no problem believing that game was tainted. I feel that the refs gave D-Wade his title, put LeBron in the Finals last year, and put the Lakers in the Finals this year. David Stern is one of the most arrogant people in all of sports and I have no problem believing he tilts the tables on a regular basis to get the results he wants. It's one of the reasons I was rooting so hard for a Pistons/Spurs finals; Stern would've been furious beyond belief to have to give another trophy to either one of those teams rather than the Celtics or Lakers. As it is, I'm sure he's sleeping very soundly these days. In his coffin. During the day.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

• 4 weeks later...

So much for the "Lone Gunman" theory Kaiser Soze(Stern...sorry) has promugated

As Monty Python would say....

Ya see that, Jim?

Yep, that's just the one we're looking for.

This then is the story of two writers, hired by the good folks at FOXNEWS.com, to hunt down and destroy, sports leagues too dangerous to live.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Damn Right the Refs fixed those games the NBA was scared of TV ratings if the Finals was Sacramento vs New Jersey and they told the refs what to do.

I think Tim Donaghy has just scratched the surface of the NBA fixing games over the last two decades.

Wow... I agree with Tank.

...not only 2002, but in 2001, I seem to remember some Bucks players saying the NBA obviously wanted Philly to face LA for obvious reasons...IDK the circumstances though...

I didn't watch the game, but from hearing about it, Dikembe Mutumbo was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted.

Add to that, Scott Williams (the Bucks starting center) was suspended for Game 7 for a supposed flagrant foul in Game 6. I'm still trying to figure out how a foul that isn't severe enough to warrant ejection from the game it occurred in can be reason for suspension of another.

Archived