AHL Texas Stars logo

EatSleepJeep

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a NEW franchise, right? Starting in 2009-2010? Isn't Iowa just changing their nickname to something else now that they've changed their affiliation to Anaheim?

I believe you are correct.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i cant wait to see what the Iowa team name and logos will be.

The Iowa Thunder domain was purchased by an executive of the Schlegel's Iowa organization. They are on the record saying they regret tying their identity to the parent club with all the affiliation shuffling that occurs. Iowa Thunder is so generic and lame, too. Sucks.

Ehh that Texas Stars logo probably is a bit uninspired.. somehow I wonder if that is what Dallas would do with their main logo in the future? Just wondering...

That's the first thing I though of when I saw it. And my second thought was why they haven't already done it (minus the blue jacket star effect).

Ehh that Texas Stars logo probably is a bit uninspired.. somehow I wonder if that is what Dallas would do with their main logo in the future? Just wondering...

That's the first thing I though of when I saw it. And my second thought was why they haven't already done it (minus the blue jacket star effect).

The short answer, of course, is because it's :censored:.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

i cant wait to see what the Iowa team name and logos will be.

The Iowa Thunder domain was purchased by an executive of the Schlegel's Iowa organization. They are on the record saying they regret tying their identity to the parent club with all the affiliation shuffling that occurs. Iowa Thunder is so generic and lame, too. Sucks.

Odd that they'd keep with the stormy weather theme when the rumors are pretty strong that Doug Miller (not Waterloo's Doug Miller, but he of the Stars Midget AAA and EXCO Resources fame) is going to buy them out this summer and run the NAHL Texas Tornado (on hiatus for 2008-09 due to arena expansion) himself. The name itself rather gauche considering the current state of affairs in the area.

I would agree that really the Texas Stars logo really need some serious work but I do wonder if Dallas is trying to advertise the future logo and somehow fool anyone? eh? Anyways I think the Texas Stars logo would be like the copy of the Iowa Stars and even improved somehow...that all I can think of at the moment..but someone say Austin Stars sounds better? Hmm that does work...

I just had a thought... why didnt The Stars go to the Texas name years ago after moving from Minnesota?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Dear Texas Stars:

Please change your logo. The star itself is fine, but the fonts used leave a lot to be desired.

Like, a LOT.

Sincerely,

Non-blind people everywhere.

IMO, the star is the worst part of this mess. Not that the fonts are even close to being OK, but I've seen worse.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Iowa Flood. logo would be a sandbag and a shopvac.

A bit too soon.

Considering Iowa floods about every 9 months or so, we could go in circles with this argument all day.

But I like it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived