AHL Texas Stars logo

EatSleepJeep

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Bumping this one because it appears the logo on the first page, bevels, Star Wars font, City Bold, different degrees of italics and all, is legit.

Texas Stars Official Website

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

lol... i love my stars, and i'll probably buy a texas stars jersey...

but that is the worst logo i've seen in forever. it looks even worse on the website than it does on dallasstars.com

Why can't the stars just connect the A to the rest of the star? It has bugged me since I first saw the logo. We will still know that it's an A.

there's a theory out there, that i personally subscribe to, that says the star is always a compass pointing north.

the logo was originally used for the minnesota north stars (only without DALLAS on top, obviously)

since the team name was still north stars, but the logo just said stars, some believe that the A doubles as a northern pointing compass.

whether that was left in by an oblivious graphics department after the move to texas, or left in as a nod to our team's history... your call is as good as mine.

Archived