Predators Logo

Davidson

made up a logo for a guy,

team is called the predators and they use the real preds jersey and colours.

surely the real life preds logos are the worst in the history of sport, so i thought

id share and see if i couldnt make something at least as good as

nashvilles feeble effort!

have just plonked it on the normal jersey colours as i dont know how it will be used.

let me know what you think

/fd

predators.png

Yeah, I wouldn't go as far as to say that they look like a monkey, but I think the tail is way too long.

Definitely looks like a monkey/human/cat thing. But, what's wrong with that? I think that might even be better to make it some mythological killing machine. No one said a predator had to be a cat, right?

I feel like I have seen this logo before already from you davidson, or was that just another cat/tiger looking logo you did or someone else did? Anyhow, I like it a lot except for the long tail...I think it could be shortened up to end just right above the left leg joint.

I feel like I have seen this logo before already from you davidson, or was that just another cat/tiger looking logo you did or someone else did? Anyhow, I like it a lot except for the long tail...I think it could be shortened up to end just right above the left leg joint.

thanks for the feedback.

looking at it smaller in the post i put up here i take the point. the hind legs look wierd because its hard to distinguish which is which.

the front arms are supposed to be a bit oversized and perhaps a little anthropomorphic but the hind legs do look a bit simian.

the rear far leg is supposed to extend out behind the cat while the rear near leg is crouching. in the image above they look confused and the wrong war around

like the thing is crouching like a monkey. point taken, ill get back to you with a revision.

chur chur.

pes. the cat face is from some millitary logo i did in the requests about 4 months ago, but the rest is fresh this morning.

fd

Yeah, I wouldn't go as far as to say that they look like a monkey, but I think the tail is way too long.

Definitely looks like a monkey/human/cat thing. But, what's wrong with that? I think that might even be better to make it some mythological killing machine. No one said a predator had to be a cat, right?

No, a predator doesn't necessarily have to be a cat. However, Nashville's identity was sparked by saber-toothed tiger remains that were found during construction on a downtown building in the 1970's. If anything, the name "Predators" is secondary to the tiger itself.

That said, I have a few thoughts about this logo. First, it is supposed to be a saber-toothed tiger, so the teeth should be longer. Second, I like the head and think it would look more than decent as a jersey crest, but it just doesn't work well with the body. The head is too jagged to look like it belongs on the smooth, ape-like body you gave it. It reminds me of the Cincinnati Bengals' full-bodied tiger logo. Fix that (and tweak the aforementioned ape qualities out of it), and you'll have very good tiger mark.

Who says a predator has to be a feline? A predator, by definition, is any animal that preys on another animal. Even if davidson drew some kind of a bird, it could qualify as being a predator. This certainly looks like an animal that preys on other animals to me.

Great rendition. But I do agree that the tail looks a bit long though. I like the yellow over the gold.

Wade-sig.png

Who says a predator has to be a feline? A predator, by definition, is any animal that preys on another animal. Even if davidson drew some kind of a bird, it could qualify as being a predator. This certainly looks like an animal that preys on other animals to me.

Great rendition. But I do agree that the tail looks a bit long though. I like the yellow over the gold.

cheers guys. fixed it at work today. input appreciated. thanks for the help. looks far catyer now!

Sigh... Read this.

No, a predator doesn't necessarily have to be a cat. However, Nashville's identity was sparked by saber-toothed tiger remains that were found during construction on a downtown building in the 1970's. If anything, the name "Predators" is secondary to the tiger itself.

Let me add on to this. After Nashville's expansion team was announced, they unveiled the logo first. Then they had fans vote on the name, and "Predators" won. So, the logo should depict a saber-toothed tiger, plain and simple. It's a part of Nashville's history, so let them keep it.

Archived