EPL/European Football Off-Season

heernumurr

I'm trying to decide who to "officially" go for in the EPL.

I narrowed it down to four teams.

Everton (First club I ever watched)

Arsenal (Bandwagon-ish pick)

Portsmouth (Kinda dig their look and it's closer to where the Streeter family is from)

Aston Villa (I like their kits)

I just have to figure out who it's gonna be. Any help out there?

As a West Ham fan, i have to ask, what's wrong with the Hammers claret and blue? or is it the horrible Umbro kit design that's putting you off?

The guy wants to watch a decent squad, can you blame him?

Villa > Hammers

if you notice, he said he liked their kits, didn't mention the respective squads. it's right there in the post you quoted. West Ham and Villa have similar kits, or hadn't you noticed that either?

fivebaseball3.png

Joe Morgan on 'Moneyball' - "Why would I wanna read a book about a computer, that gives computer numbers?"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arsenal is definitely a mix of the Atlanta Braves and the Oakland A's. Consistently finishing in the top 4, but only winning the grand prize a few times. And they have a fiscal policy similar to Oaklands.

Could you or anyone else make some comparisions to Serie A teams? I see them all the time with EPL teams and was just kind of curious how they'd match up. I've tried to watch Serie A, but games times are just bad for me. I'd like to catch more games for the upcoming season.

If he keeps up his quality of play and the clubs in Germany and England start to take a real liking to him, I think the money might be enough for him to go abroad.

However, there is the thinking that he might want to stay there to help the RPL get into elite status. Russia football's come a long way since they became independent.

I heard that money wouldn't really be an issue, I think he's got a pretty big salary where he is right now.

Well in that case if he's about promoting his domestic league, I think he stays.

Should have picked Burnley instead, sexy as hell and sponsored by pies.

weebl.jpg

Burnley are making a small US tour in July, and will be playing the Minnesota Thunder on July 15.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

How about this rumour Drogba to either AC or Inter Milan, and then Chelsea signs Eto'o.

Drogba really seems like he wants out of Chelsea, and Mourinho has said he wants him at his new post at Inter. Hadn't heard the Eto'o part, though. Chelsea already have a glut of big-name strikers, but what's to stop Abramovich from adding one more?

EDIT: Also just read that Tott'n'm are looking into getting PSV keeper Heurelho Gomes.

Arsenal is definitely a mix of the Atlanta Braves and the Oakland A's. Consistently finishing in the top 4, but only winning the grand prize a few times. And they have a fiscal policy similar to Oaklands.

This past season they were more like a mix of the New York Mets and the Ottawa Senators. :mad:

Also of interest is Emanuel Adebayor and Alexander Hleb to FC Barcelona for £32 million and (possibly) Yaya Toure, the brother of Arsenal defender Kolo Toure.

Wenger is f :censored: ing insane if he sends Adebayor packing, especially if Eduardo can't come back from his injury. Adebayor was the only consistent striker Arsenal had that stayed healthy last year. Granted, Theo Walcott is coming along nicely, but he's still probably a year or two away from becoming a real star on this team.

CCSLC signature.png

How about this rumour Drogba to either AC or Inter Milan, and then Chelsea signs Eto'o.

Milan keep bangin on about how Adebayor is their only transfer target, and if they're unsuccessful they won't be looking for anyone else. So it seems Drogba might be on his way to Inter.

Apparently Ronaldo has all but signed for Real Madrid, I for one will be waving him a cheery goodbye at the airport!

Robbie Keane is ace. That's all I can say.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Cant remember where i saw it,but Arshavin said that his first choice move was to Barcelona,as he is a long time follower.But does anyone think Chelsea are resigned to losing Lampard to Mourinho and Inter since they signed Deco?

Heres a funny story i just found:

Arshavin And ?20m For Messi - Zenit

Zenit St. Petersburg have said that they would be willing to allow Andrei Arshavin to join Barcelona this summer, as long as Lionel Messi goes in the opposite direction.

The Russian news agency, Ria Novosti, reported the outlandish idea as the Blaugrana are said to have made an approach for the Russian international.

While Zenit recognise that Arshavin may well be leaving given the renewed interest in his services after some impressive display at Euro 2008, they are certain he will not leave on the cheap.

An idea about Messi arose because of the constant speculation in the media about the link with Barça and so the club told Ria Novosti that they were ready to counter the offer.

Zenit will now propose to Barcelona that Messi joins them in exchange for Arshavin and ?20m, a move designed to show that they will be no pushovers in negotiations.

Several other clubs are also interested in the 27-year-old and speculation is rife that the Blaugrana are being used so publicly to pull other clubs into the bidding.

Chelsea are allegedly one other major side that could make a move, with Roman Abramovich said to be ready to intervene personally to try and persuade the player to move to Stamford Bridge.

Barça hope to wrap up all their summer transfer dealings by the end of the end of this week before the referendum on the club's board takes place on Sunday.

BTW If Real offered me 60 million pounds and Sergio Ramos and or Wesley Sneijder,I would let CR7 go but thats just me...I think im in the minority there :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Should have picked Burnley instead, sexy as hell and sponsored by pies.

0,,10413~3642973,00.png

Meanwhile back on topic, is Carlos Vela still in Spain this year? Doesn't seem to be near breaking into the Arsenal team yet.

Wenger said he figures to use Vela in a Eduardo type role this year,and that he will figure prominently...I saw that when i was researching weather to buy him in Football Manager :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Archived