Another concept, this time softball

-kj

So, the softball team I'm going to be on this summer is trying to name itself.  We're pretty settle on a bear theme, just not sure which name.  So, while I had nothing better to do today, I sketched out a logo idea for "The Grizz." (I know, some of you will hate the name.  Try to focus on design here.  The name on the logo can easily be changed.)

After I found out what colours the team has in mind, here's what I have:

grizz-green.gif

[Modified, after much tweaking, to take out the second green shade.]

(And, look, SHB, not a hint of brown!  Never you mind my original colour scheme...)

Thoughts, besides the fact that I need to find a job?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like it, as Snowcap said, it's strong. My concerns are twofold: there are too many highlights in there, and the drop shadow makes the lettering a little tougher to read than would be ideal. Perhaps lighten the green somewhat. The forest green is nice, but a lighter shade would be even better.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I tried a lighter green, but I'm not sure I like the results.  I did change the shadow/outline around a bit above, I think that helps.  I also accidentally changed the text to silver, and I liked the result:  silver text

I found out today that "Grizzlies" and "Kodiaks" are near the top of the voting for the team name, so I made those as well:  Grizzlies    Kodiaks

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like it, but as SyPhi said you have to many highlights. He looks kinda metalic. Still a good design.

Also, I have no problem with the name Grizz since it is softball. That isn't meant to be offensive, but I just have different standards for major league teams and minor/amateur teams. For instance, if used right gradients are ok, but I basically hate seeing them in any major league teams scheme because then they technically have all those shades of the color and I hate that. I do however still hold them to the same basic logo quality, they can just be more experimental I guess.

Anyway, clean it up a bit, and good job.

Archived