Alfred University

eRay

Don't know if a small D3 school deserves a spot on this board, but Alfred University, my alma mater, is holding a vote for which direction they should go with their first real athletic identity. I think you can all go vote and leave your comments, so please do so here, if you want. IMO the person that made these has no real athletics identity experience, and doesn't have great ideas. Don't get me wrong, these could work, and would be good for a small school like AU. I guess I just think that with all the great designers the school has graduated they could have gotten a better person to work with. I'd like to see what you guys think of his ideas.

I voted for #2 btw.

the wordmark/lettermark is really nice and option 2 has a strong, iconic and timeless look (provided they don't go crazy with gradients on the blade, as it appears they are heading)...this has an opportunity to be a really solid identity, in my opinion, if they execute #2 correctly

sweeper13...i like your "beer truck" signature...dg is the man!

jldesigns404eo.png

Don't know if a small D3 school deserves a spot on this board, but Alfred University, my alma mater, is holding a vote for which direction they should go with their first real athletic identity. I think you can all go vote and leave your comments, so please do so here, if you want. IMO the person that made these has no real athletics identity experience, and doesn't have great ideas. Don't get me wrong, these could work, and would be good for a small school like AU. I guess I just think that with all the great designers the school has graduated they could have gotten a better person to work with. I'd like to see what you guys think of his ideas.

I voted for #2 btw.

When did you attend AU? We've had several good football players from our league play at AU over the years. The O'Neil brothers from Geneseo, Mark, Tim and Brian and the Schuster brothers from Livonia- Bill (now an NFL official- Umpire No. 129) and Bob. And Jim Mauro and Charlie Young from Hornell. Old Alex Yunevich and later Sam Sanders put out some damn tough DIII squads over the years. Saturday night football at Alfred was THE thing to do in those days. But after all, what else IS there to do in Alfred on a Saturday night? Well, you could always drive over to Wellsville for some hot dogs from The Texas Hots. They ARE great dogs! Go great with some cold Genny Cream Ale.

I voted for #2 btw.

When did you attend AU? We've had several good football players from our league play at AU over the years. The O'Neil brothers from Geneseo, Mark, Tim and Brian and the Schuster brothers from Livonia- Bill (now an NFL official- Umpire No. 129) and Bob. And Jim Mauro and Charlie Young from Hornell. Old Alex Yunevich and later Sam Sanders put out some damn tough DIII squads over the years. Saturday night football at Alfred was THE thing to do in those days. But after all, what else IS there to do in Alfred on a Saturday night? Well, you could always drive over to Wellsville for some hot dogs from The Texas Hots. They ARE great dogs! Go great with some cold Genny Cream Ale.

03-07, so I haven't heard of anybody you mentioned except for Mr. Yunevich, who has a lot of nice things written about him on plaques in McLane Center(the gym). Its neat to see an A-State grad and somebody who knows a lot about AU football on the same message board, even though we are supposed to hate A-State. bulldogbarks55-being from near Rochester and knowing AU football I'm sure you know of Brenton Brady. That guy is a beast and was a really nice guy too. I think he plays for the Miami Valley Silverbacks still...

back to the thread's original purpose.

Archived