ESPN and NFL Network

Cujo

Cable sports network ESPN is in talks to carry programming from the NFL Network on its low-rated but widely available ESPN Classic channel.

Story

As a disgruntled Comcast customer, all I've gotta say is: Please let this happen!!

6uXNWAo.png

I say just drop ESPN Classic. I mean, more than half the stuff they show is on it's 8789087th rerun.

I'd be all for it if they replaced ESPN Classic with NFL Network, not that that's what is going to happen, but it would be awsomeeee.

I think carrying anything current on ESPN Classic is a bad idea, I see Live games on ESPN classic and it confuses the crap outta me.

ESPNFL :P

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

ESPN Classic was a good idea when it started but they ruined it.

Too many WSOP reruns too much the same, I wish they went back to original Classic Sports Format before ESPN took it over, with replays of classic games of the distant past not the recent past of WSOP.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Too many WSOP reruns too much the same, I wish they went back to original Classic Sports Format before ESPN took it over, with replays of classic games of the distant past not the recent past of WSOP.

I did enjoy the days when they would show games from the old USFL.

I did enjoy the days when they would show games from the old USFL.

Same here. I think that it was ruined when ESPN turned it into the "Classic Boxing, poker, and alternative sports" channel. So yeah, if ESPN uses Classic to carry the NFL Network, I'd be all for that. (Even though I wouldn't get to see it 9 months out of the year because I doubt I'll have digital cable at Dear Old Morehouse. :P)

The only thing I ever occasionally watch on ESPN Classic is the midnight AWA Classic pro rasslin'! Great stuff from the Minneapolis and Memphis regions in the mid-late 80's.

But will Fox, CBS and NBC have anything to say about more NFL on the ESPN family of networks? This Comcast versus NFL Network thing will have to come to some sensible ending soon or the NFL will have to can the whole concept.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Rumour has it (and not just from World Soccer Daily) that ESPN will buy Setanta and make ESPN 3 with just European sports on it.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Rumour has it (and not just from World Soccer Daily) that ESPN will buy Setanta and make ESPN 3 with just European sports on it.

How far is it until ESPN 8 ("The Ocho")? I want to see some dodgeball.

Beat me to it

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

ESPN better not ruin the NFL Network. They probably will though. I'll turn on the NFL Network, expecting to hear some good football talk, and I'll see Trey Wingo and Mark Schlereth.

That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen. Lord knows us comcast customers got the raw end of televised NFL off-season coverage. How I miss Total Access.

ESPN better not ruin the NFL Network. They probably will though. I'll turn on the NFL Network, expecting to hear some good football talk, and I'll see Trey Wingo and Mark Schlereth.

You can bet on it. I for one hope this partnership does not happen. Screw Comcast and cable. If you really want NFL Network just switch to DirecTV. It's cheaper, the picture is better, and you have access to a lot more programming.

BB52Big.jpg

Screw Comcast and cable. If you really want NFL Network just switch to DirecTV. It's cheaper, the picture is better, and you have access to a lot more programming.

I wish it were that easy...

Where I live, I've got two choices: Comcast Cable or UHF.

Yeah, apartments are a b*tch.

6uXNWAo.png

Screw Comcast and cable. If you really want NFL Network just switch to DirecTV. It's cheaper, the picture is better, and you have access to a lot more programming.

Do you have any sort of deck or porch? A lot of places will let you mount a dish on the deck, balcony, etc. I've seen dishes on what amounts to a tripod outside some apartments. Just a suggestion. But yeah the apartment dwellers get screwed.

BB52Big.jpg

RCN was so desperate to cut their losses to FiOS, it gave us ALL the premium channels(including NFLN, the movie channels, etc) and faster internet all for an extra $-7 on our monthly bill. Yes, that's not a typo. $-7. That's $7 off the monthly bill. :D

So if you want NFL Network and everything else, look for RCN in your area. Comcast sucks ass. Never been around DirecTV but it looks good too. Plus I would kill for MLB Extra Innings and NFL Sunday Ticket.

RCN was so desperate to cut their losses to FiOS, it gave us ALL the premium channels(including NFLN, the movie channels, etc) and faster internet all for an extra $-7 on our monthly bill. Yes, that's not a typo. $-7. That's $7 off the monthly bill. :D

So if you want NFL Network and everything else, look for RCN in your area. Comcast sucks ass. Never been around DirecTV but it looks good too. Plus I would kill for MLB Extra Innings and NFL Sunday Ticket.

Take it from someone who has both, they are worth every penny.

BB52Big.jpg

Do you have any sort of deck or porch? A lot of places will let you mount a dish on the deck, balcony, etc. I've seen dishes on what amounts to a tripod outside some apartments. Just a suggestion. But yeah the apartment dwellers get screwed.

I have in fact looked into it, but no dice. Dishes are prohibited at my complex.

As for what ESPN Classic/NFL will air if it does happen, I could really care less if it's 'round-the-clock NFL Live, reruns of vintage games, or even World Series of Poker, just as long as they air live Thursday & Saturday Night Football games.

6uXNWAo.png

If that gets it off a pay per view-like tier, I'm all for it. I really enjoyed the Setanta preview week they had earlier this year, staying up some nights literally until 4am to watch things like the Irish Hurling finals or international rugby, but I couldn't justify ponying up an extra $15/month for it.

nav-logo.png

That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen. Lord knows us comcast customers got the raw end of televised NFL off-season coverage. How I miss Total Access.

I have Comcast cable, and I can get the NFL Network if I paid for the next tier of cable channels.....

Archived