Rome Legion

Atomic

Just looking for some C & C on this. I tried to stay away from the cliche red & gold colors and roman-esque helmets (think Ottawa Senators or USC Trojans). The swords were used by traditional gladiators, so I tried to go that route and bulid the initial identity off of that. I'm not 100% sold on the wordmarks or the 'R' that appears in the logo, so any suggestions that will make it look more "roman" will be appreciated.

legion2.png

I agree with MJWalker45 about the purple, very Roman and it keeps you away from the typical red/gold feel.

I'm sure it's just a personal nitpick, but I think you've got too much going on in the logo. The logo as a whole makes an 'X', the shield makes three seperate 'O's and you've added an 'R' in the center. Only one of those letters has anything to do with the team. Simplify it a bit.

I like the beginning though. :D

Thanks for all the C&C thus far!

First and foremost, I never intended to mimic or copy the Gladiators. It's just circumstancial that the designs are similar. As said before, the crossed swords/shield look is pretty cliche, so I think I may have to go back to the drawing board on this one.

Definately will try to incorporate purple in the design. I had initially made a blue version of this, but wasn't 100% sold. The charcoal and gold is reminding me too much of the movie Gladiator in hindsight.

The distress font was something I felt worked well with the "Legion" initially, despite it's Greek style. After sleeping on it and giving this a fresh look, the other font will be more than likely what I am going to use.

I think when I redesign this, I am going to scrap the crossed swords and sheild look and maybe go with a vexillum. If anybody has any other ideas (font suggestions or anything that will help me define a distinct look), I am all ears.

legion3.png

Here's an update. I incorporated a hybrid of the original shield logo as well as more of an official seal look. The eagle is the herculean symbol of the senior palatine imperial guard units and the star is part of one of the old city crests. C & C?

I like the update better! I think the purple works, especially with the banner in the secondary logo. Nice job I think.

These look much more fitting of the name "Legion". The original idea worked, but leaned more towards a warrior/gladiator identity. The purple and old gold scheme is very fitting as well. Cant want to see the unis.

Addition of purple is great! A royal color that well suits this concept. great work!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived