US Mens National Team Concept

speedy

I'll say this on the topic: Hot looking templates are very appealing, but try making your own. its tedious and difficult, but its great practice. i've learned more about illustrator by making templates than anything else. even a tweak of another template, and this mess wont happen.

Interesting, however I do create my own templates. For hockey, where 97% of my designing takes place. Now people have traced my Edge template and to be honest, I took it as a compliment. In this case, I don't have a stock soccer template because I simply don't design soccer concepts, this USA idea came to mind, and rather than putting it off any longer I used a cut of a jersey that fit what I was trying to do.

The numbers are a definite downgrade as well- it looks like you tried to vectormagic a choppy undersized picture of the MLS numbers and that's what came out.

Drew the numbers from hand starting with the 8 and working around it. You'll see quite a few differences between the MLS and these. And with the way soccer uniforms go these numbers will be changed in a year or two with something uglier and harder to read, it's a vicious cycle.

Cold War is over man. Back in the 50's and 60's USSF may not have worked, but now since there is no more USSR I think it's ok.

Thank you. By this day and age we have bigger fish to fry. I'm sure the USSF will ruffle some senile old man's feathers but the majority should be okay with it.

Okay, back to the concept!

I think I'm going to stick with the banner on the crest after mixed reviews because I believe it makes the crest flow better from top to bottom. I removed a red stripe because I felt it was too cluttered and placed a white outline inside the shield and around the banner to make it more vibrant and visible as its own piece of the concept.

USNEWLOGOS2.png

I scummed to peer pressure and finally darkened the red for all of you guys, I rather like it actually. Should have done it sooner.

USNEWHOME2.png

USNEWCLASH2.png

USNEWALTERNATE2.png

Keep the comments coming guys, they're very appreciated.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cold War is over man. Back in the 50's and 60's USSF may not have worked, but now since there is no more USSR I think it's ok.

So? It's not about what the Russians think. It's about marketing. One of the main rules of marketing and design is "What is the first thing that comes to mind when you look at this" and cold War over or not, USSR or Russia, I damn think of the Soviets when I see that crest, and it should be USA 100%. You have to invoke thought of your country and Patriotism and pride when you look at the national mens soccer team (Plus you want to represent the whole country in my mind -- "Soccer federation" to me means a division of the country, not the whole country united). And others have said the same thing. That's the bottom line.

(Of course, I liked it when it just said "United States")

So? It's not about what the Russians think. It's about marketing. One of the main rules of marketing and design is "What is the first thing that comes to mind when you look at this" and cold War over or not, USSR or Russia, I damn think of the Soviets when I see that crest, and it should be USA 100%. You have to invoke thought of your country and Patriotism and pride when you look at the national mens soccer team (Plus you want to represent the whole country in my mind -- "Soccer federation" to me means a division of the country, not the whole country united). And others have said the same thing. That's the bottom line.

I've always wanted to see simply America on a logo or jersey...

But its not America. Its the United States of America. America is north and south America put together.

oBIgzrL.png

But its not America. Its the United States of America. America is north and south America put together.

But when you hear the word America, what do you think of? When there are people saying they're going to live the American Dream, they're not moving to St. Kitts & Nevis or Paraguay. I mean I thought that too at first but you immediately know what it means.

But when you hear the word America, what do you think of? When there are people saying they're going to live the American Dream, they're not moving to St. Kitts & Nevis or Paraguay. I mean I thought that too at first but you immediately know what it means.

Yeh, but its technically incorrect. It wouldnt bother me so much, but alotta people out there would complain about it if "America" was actually used.

oBIgzrL.png

Actually the US has won 2 World Cups

Uh, when?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The US Mens National team has never won a World Cup.

The US Women have won two World Cups and 2 Olympic golds. The stars represent their wins as both teams wear the same crest

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Actually the US has won 2 World Cups

Uh, when?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The US Mens National team has never won a World Cup.

The US Women have won two World Cups and 2 Olympic golds. The stars represent their wins as both teams wear the same crest

They wore that crest before the women won two world cups

Yeh, but its technically incorrect. It wouldnt bother me so much, but alotta people out there would complain about it if "America" was actually used.

I'd say thats The Americas. And as much as it pains me to say this, a lot of people complaining about the pompous, cocky attitude of Americans would be par for the course. Its a rare case that I'd say tough titties. Thats what American soccer needs. :unclesam:

I think I would suggest "USA" or U.S.A." on the banner as opposed to "America" or even "United States". "America" is not a term specific to the USA, but ironically, neither is "Unites States". Mexico has 31 states of its own and is more officially called the "United Mexican States". Just thought I would raise it as a point of interest; I doubt anyone mistakes the term "United States" for anyone other than the USA.

LT

• 11 months later...

Hey guys, with the recent performance of the US team at the Confeds Cup, I decided to revisit this one.

I started off by redrawing the wings and making them flow rather than how they were choppy before. You may not notice a difference, but oh well. The tail and claws were also redrawn for the same reason.

The biggest difference of course, is the shield and banner. I don't know if this is too complicated, but I like the direction the USMNT is taking and I tried to incorporate that into this look. Tell me what you think...

USSoccer.png

Uniforms will follow soon.

C&C always welcome...

I THINK I prefer the bottom left. The outside red stripes seem bigger though...

Still, this is fantastic. Remains my favorite USMNT concept, I wish I could produce something like this. I think with the DTOM slogan it gets a little busy, but it's still very sexy. Can't wait for kits.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Hey guys, with the recent performance of the US team at the Confeds Cup, I decided to revisit this one.

I started off by redrawing the wings and making them flow rather than how they were choppy before. You may not notice a difference, but oh well. The tail and claws were also redrawn for the same reason.

The biggest difference of course, is the shield and banner. I don't know if this is too complicated, but I like the direction the USMNT is taking and I tried to incorporate that into this look. Tell me what you think...

USSoccer.png

Uniforms will follow soon.

C&C always welcome...

the top left crest is amazing and perfect.

Wow those are sweet. The top left is my favorite. But maybe that should just be on merchandise because of the slogan. And then bottom left could be on the jerseys.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived