US Mens National Team Concept

speedy

I like all of those logos (and the fixed eye is an improvement, the eye was bugging me) but I feel like the bottom left would be the most realistic choice. It's simple and compact enough, so it could be used on a jersey. Plus I feel it has enough elements from the logo in use now.

Although the stars can be justified, I wouldn't put them in those crests anyway.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...
New font, fixed stripes and tweaked the eagles eye (good call). Step forward of back?

USSoccer-4.png

Perfect, just a small change to the eye but to me it's made a world of difference. Excellent work.

9erssteve

What if the top banner just had non-beveled stars like in the flag, and the bottom banner said U.S.S.F.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

What if the top banner just had non-beveled stars like in the flag, and the bottom banner said U.S.S.F.

I had done this on a previous incarnation, and many people disliked the USSR similarities so I ditched it.

I'm working on a World Cup version of the kits as well as tweaking the crest a bit, updates will be posted tomorrow.

Updated a few things recently.

Cleaned up the silver lining around the eagle. Also changed the stripe count to 11, too much, too little? Thoughts?

Crest.png

The biggest change now comes with the kits. The basic striped layout remains the same, but the template has been changed to fit the mold of the World Cup.

Uniforms.png

Some detail on the kits include the customized match crest as well as detail on the inside below the collar.

Collar.pngCrestMatch.png

This is quite honestly one of the best US concepts I've seen. I'm a frequent reader/user on BigSoccer, and these concepts pop up all the time, but this is probably the best I've seen yet. I love all three, but I wonder how it would look without a design in the middle of the crest? Such as the eagle design without the ball, or the solo crest without the DTOM snake. I have a hunch that the eagle with the ball would look good, but the crest without the snake might seem dull. Just something to consider I suppose.

Also, with your recent addition of the commemorative match details to the shirt, I wonder if there's a way you could do it similar to what England does. Currently they have a scroll beneath the Three Lions badge which denotes the opponent. I think the scroll that currently says "Soccer Federation" could be a great place to denote the match opponent.

I like to think of it in terms of branding and marketing. The players shirts could mark the opponent on the scroll, where as the replicas sold could still say Soccer Federation.

What do you think? Again, props for designing one of the classiest designs I've seen yet for the US!

I think the white set should have white shorts. This is purely my personal taste, though, as I love the classyness of an all-white soccer set. All blue might be too much, I admit, though the current US set actually looks pretty good that way.

What bugs me the most about your set though is, that while its a classy set and it looks great, it lacks a "wow" factor. Not saying it has to have that, but it lacks something unique. Something that sets it apart. Like currently the USMNT has the sash. I think the US should have an element that is timeless and recognizable. Right now this is good, but kindof... "blah". That's not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe its just my inner American Jingoist that says we should have something unique.

I said it before in this thread- that is a top crest. The best Ive seen. But I do have some qualms with it:

The wings and tail seem a tad too large to me, and I think that on the main crest, you'd be best changing "Soccer Federation" to "Don't Tread on Me", so it reads "United States" top, "Don't Tread on Me" bottom. I say this partially because separating a four-word phrase by putting one in the blue field of the shield and one on a banner messes with the continuity of it. Having two separate phrases in those two separate places seems to "flow" better, and DTOM is too good a motto to not be featured prominently, IMO.

oBIgzrL.png

I really like your designs. But I do have a question, i'm new, but can someone explain to me what the snake means in the crest, and what the whole theme of "don't tread on me" is about. I just am curious about the history of it. Thanks. But your designs look great!!!

Cleaned up the silver lining around the eagle. Also changed the stripe count to 11, too much, too little? Thoughts?

Crest.png

The biggest change now comes with the kits. The basic striped layout remains the same, but the template has been changed to fit the mold of the World Cup.

Uniforms.png

Some detail on the kits include the customized match crest as well as detail on the inside below the collar.

Collar.pngCrestMatch.png

Really nice! I always wished the USA had a collar, but I don't think they ever have outside of the DTOM jerseys.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Really nice! I always wished the USA had a collar, but I don't think they ever have outside of the DTOM jerseys.

We've had a few: one in the late 1980s, the mid 1990s when we first got Nike (with the horizontal stripes similar to the 2006 blue kit), the 1998 kits, as well as the 2002 white shirt. Those are the ones off the top of my head at least.

I think the white set should have white shorts. This is purely my personal taste, though, as I love the classyness of an all-white soccer set. All blue might be too much, I admit, though the current US set actually looks pretty good that way.

What bugs me the most about your set though is, that while its a classy set and it looks great, it lacks a "wow" factor. Not saying it has to have that, but it lacks something unique. Something that sets it apart. Like currently the USMNT has the sash. I think the US should have an element that is timeless and recognizable. Right now this is good, but kindof... "blah". That's not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe its just my inner American Jingoist that says we should have something unique.

I said it before in this thread- that is a top crest. The best Ive seen. But I do have some qualms with it:

The wings and tail seem a tad too large to me, and I think that on the main crest, you'd be best changing "Soccer Federation" to "Don't Tread on Me", so it reads "United States" top, "Don't Tread on Me" bottom. I say this partially because separating a four-word phrase by putting one in the blue field of the shield and one on a banner messes with the continuity of it. Having two separate phrases in those two separate places seems to "flow" better, and DTOM is too good a motto to not be featured prominently, IMO.

The white shorts do look good, but England is doing the all white look again, and while so is the USA, a staple of their previous kits was white/blue/white. I wanted to stay true to that.

I was expecting someone to say it lacks a wow factor of sorts, I went intentionally simple with the design. I tried to have a stabilizing, classic recognizable jersey without all the bells and whistles. Maybe the sublimated stripes are too light? Or maybe it just isn't working as I expected, and more feedback on that aspect? As for the sash, I hate it. It looks forced to me and I absolutely hate it on the current blue kit. It's just a personal preference though, I've never liked a sash on a soccer uniform.

See this is still the biggest pet peeve of mine. What words to use and where. I still don't like how I have it, and it really bugs me. The DTOM on the banner is a good idea, I don't know why but I've never used that combination in the evolution of this. Great idea, I'll give it a go.

This is quite honestly one of the best US concepts I've seen. I'm a frequent reader/user on BigSoccer, and these concepts pop up all the time, but this is probably the best I've seen yet. I love all three, but I wonder how it would look without a design in the middle of the crest? Such as the eagle design without the ball, or the solo crest without the DTOM snake. I have a hunch that the eagle with the ball would look good, but the crest without the snake might seem dull. Just something to consider I suppose.

Also, with your recent addition of the commemorative match details to the shirt, I wonder if there's a way you could do it similar to what England does. Currently they have a scroll beneath the Three Lions badge which denotes the opponent. I think the scroll that currently says "Soccer Federation" could be a great place to denote the match opponent.

I like to think of it in terms of branding and marketing. The players shirts could mark the opponent on the scroll, where as the replicas sold could still say Soccer Federation.

What do you think? Again, props for designing one of the classiest designs I've seen yet for the US!

Thank you. If you look back I believe in some variation of the crest there's plain versions as you described. They didn't seem to be a big hit so I ditched it.

For match day kits I like your idea slightly better than Maz's and will be using that on the next version of kits I'll be putting up later. For replica's Maz's idea is definitely the way to go, for match day kits it's definitely yours.

Again, thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate them.

I really like your designs. But I do have a question, i'm new, but can someone explain to me what the snake means in the crest, and what the whole theme of "don't tread on me" is about. I just am curious about the history of it. Thanks. But your designs look great!!!

The snake hearkens back to the American Revolution, where it was used as a symbol of resistance against the British. The phrase "Don't Tread on Me" was linked to the snake through the Gadsden Flag, a popular pro-Patriot symbol flown during the conflict.

Further reading....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag

Crest.png

Uniforms.png

Collar.pngCrestMatch.png

Very well done. I prefer the blue shorts with the white jersey to the white shorts.

Are you going to do a goalkeeper's uniform as well?

Packers-2.png

Archived