NBA Rookies/Tradees/FA signings with their new jerseys

Ron Mexico

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so Hart and Jordan are wearing #6 for the Clipps?

They also link up and form Devastator at half.

:lol:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maurice Evans with the Hawks. He took Josh Childress' role AND his uniform number.

image_7367401.jpg

At least those fans out there with Chill's jersey only have to get the lettering changed.

That said, they had better get Josh Smith re-signed. That's the press conference I wanna see.

I like the new Jazz sets, but I'd prefer the jersey font used in the primary. To be honest I think the Jazz are a lost cause. In order to play off the name in the logo would only underscore how inappropriate it is. I've long given up on N.O. getting their name back or even the Utah club picking a new name. there is too much history now. It sucks. Its terrible. There are so many good names out there for Utah. sigh............

Ok, as a lifelong and diehard Jazz fan, can I just say the whole Jazz team name argument is getting INCREDIBLY old?? All us Jazz fans could care less that it dosent match. Screw New Orleans, the Jazz are sentimental to us Utah fans. Theyre all we got, so we dont give a rat's rear that the team name dosent make any sence. And neitehr should anyone else. Last time I checked I saw an ocean near LA but not a lake, I cant ever recall seeing a Grizzly in Memphis, and can someone please tell me where the heck i'd find a Wizard in Washington?? Seriously, it is what it is, get over it.

Now about the pics, Kosta looks awesome in his uni, cant wait to see him in action with it :D

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I like the new Jazz sets, but I'd prefer the jersey font used in the primary. To be honest I think the Jazz are a lost cause. In order to play off the name in the logo would only underscore how inappropriate it is. I've long given up on N.O. getting their name back or even the Utah club picking a new name. there is too much history now. It sucks. Its terrible. There are so many good names out there for Utah. sigh............

Ok, as a lifelong and diehard Jazz fan, can I just say the whole Jazz team name argument is getting INCREDIBLY old?? All us Jazz fans could care less that it dosent match. Screw New Orleans, the Jazz are sentimental to us Utah fans. Theyre all we got, so we dont give a rat's rear that the team name dosent make any sence. And neitehr should anyone else. Last time I checked I saw an ocean near LA but not a lake, I cant ever recall seeing a Grizzly in Memphis, and can someone please tell me where the heck i'd find a Wizard in Washington?? Seriously, it is what it is, get over it.

Now about the pics, Kosta looks awesome in his uni, cant wait to see him in action with it :D

I don't think that's the argument that grubstreet was trying to make. As a die-hard Jazz fan myself, the name has grown on me as well. But, with the current sets we have now, I agree with grubstreet...its a lost cause. I would prefer less blue and more purple. Honestly I wouldn't mind another nickname if we sold it to New Orleans, but that's highly unlikely.

I do remember talk back in 1994, when the T'Wolves announced plans to move to NOLA that Miller might be willing to sell the name. There was talk also in 1996 when the Jazz changed their identity about a new name. Nothing happened from it, but the logo now doesn't work for me. I don't think it will ever work for me, but IMO the nickname doesn't have to make sense to not have logo work.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

There IS in fact a Lake Los Angeles, except it's a dry lake bed in the desert. But, there are such places as Echo Park Lake, Machado Lake, Pyramid Lake, Lake Castaic, etc. :P

VmWIn6B.png

My whole point was that the Jazz are phasing out the nickname as an identity. They replaced the look with shades of blue and mountains. I dont have so much of a problem with the name, as I do that nothing about their identity says jazz. what could be done with New Orleans Jazz however, is limitless. an ornate french quarter vibe doesnt float in utah. Bees however would be awesome, and equally as limitless.

• 2 weeks later...

I read the first comment on that link

"I remember reading an interview with Ron (I believe it was in ESPN The Magazine) in which he stated he wanted to wear no. 69 with the Pacers, and he had the uniforms "printed up and ready to go," but the league stopped him."

I haven't done any research so I dont know it this is entirely true, but if it is.... really? Is the NBA so worried with their image they wont let a player wear 69? I dont know, maybe its just me, but that seems a little foolish. If they are that worried why dont they do an NFL type number system or FIBA numbering, or something... this just kind of seems juvenile.

Beasley

371bfcbb43de8e8b2f9bf8fc4473b75b-getty-82057005fm039_rookie_shoot.jpg

Sonny Weems

eb1e161a021c8d7fce9384dda57df756-getty-82057005jdg022_rookie_shoot.jpg

Mario Chalmers without a number. Darrell Arthur and Brandon Rush must be so privately ashamed.

4b21da81de4e9b780f76cc5f5b92334b-getty-82057005fm079_rookie_shoot.jpg

Kyle Weaver with no number, even though he had a #25 jersey at his press conference.

ca84f25af1d0741a3817134eb2fbee46-getty-82057005fm033_rookie_shoot.jpg

Someone didn't tell Eric Gordon about the Marcus Camby trade

f45fab9fea4de56339ce0a192c1fdce9-getty-82057005jdg034_rookie_shoot.jpg

What's up with the Pacers script? Kinda...uh...large, dont'cha think?

"I remember reading an interview with Ron (I believe it was in ESPN The Magazine) in which he stated he wanted to wear no. 69 with the Pacers, and he had the uniforms "printed up and ready to go," but the league stopped him."

I haven't done any research so I dont know it this is entirely true, but if it is.... really? Is the NBA so worried with their image they wont let a player wear 69? I dont know, maybe its just me, but that seems a little foolish. If they are that worried why dont they do an NFL type number system or FIBA numbering, or something... this just kind of seems juvenile.

Maybe that was around the time that he changed his number 3(?) times over a short span, and the league was putting in the rule about changing your jersey number too much?? IDK if that whole Ron jersey number rule story was even true, but maybe this was related to this.

On a completely different note....when i look at that "96" in the rockets number font I keep seeing a swastika. I know that makes no sense being done on purpose by Ron, but am I just seeing things, or does it remind anyone else of that? Maybe I'm just tired.

Yeah I see it too... its like one of those magic eye things, you have to relax your eyes and then all of the sudden.... NAZI!!!!

Ehh, I just think its a coincidence, I know Ron is crazy, but I dont think he is a nazi.... although he is on the "red" team now, Yao is his team mate... COMMUNIST!?!?

Dennis Rodman wanted to do the same with the Mavericks in 2000. But, settled for #70.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived