NBA Rookies/Tradees/FA signings with their new jerseys

Ron Mexico

Artest did change his number multiple times with the Pacers. After being #15 in Chicago, he wore #15 in 2002 (his half-season with the team), then #23 in 2003-04, then #91 in 2005.

So if that's the reason, fine, but I wouldn't blame the NBA for restricting #69. It's like having a cuss word on a license plate -- it could come up, but they'd rather avoid it. Also a point of note is that no one has EVER worn the number 69 in the NBA from the records I have.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No pictures or updated roster page, but a Photoshopped pic of Brevin Knight shows up with a #2 jersey on nba.com/jazz. Thankfully a step in the right direction towards erasing the memory of D-Fish.

jazz fans really hate on derek fisher? i don't understand it

(i know why they hate him, but i still don't understand it)

i dont know why rodman settled on 70 with the mavs.

he was once #10 with the pistons and spurs. when he headed over to chicago he was 91 because bob love's #10 was retired and 9 + 1 = 10. when he was 73 with the lakers there were multiple reasons why he wore that. 7 + 3 = 10, 10 rebounding titles and he was 37 (the reverse of 73) at the time when he signed with LA.

in ron ron's case, he wore 23 and 91 in honor of MJ and Rodzilla. i remember hearing that on tv during a pacer's game. i wonder why he chose 93 and now 96? oh, i and i see the swaz like everyone has commented on.

• 2 weeks later...
No pictures or updated roster page, but a Photoshopped pic of Brevin Knight shows up with a #2 jersey on nba.com/jazz. Thankfully a step in the right direction towards erasing the memory of D-Fish.

jazz fans really hate on derek fisher? i don't understand it

(i know why they hate him, but i still don't understand it)

For real...

Jazz fans need to get over themselves

And now, to teach us how to spell "glut at the 2/3 positions"...
so where does he get his jersey # inspiration from? that's his, what? fifth number now?

Are you really trying to understand Ron Artest's thinking? Good luck.

ujsignature.png

i dont know why rodman settled on 70 with the mavs.

he was once #10 with the pistons and spurs. when he headed over to chicago he was 91 because bob love's #10 was retired and 9 + 1 = 10. when he was 73 with the lakers there were multiple reasons why he wore that. 7 + 3 = 10, 10 rebounding titles and he was 37 (the reverse of 73) at the time when he signed with LA.

in ron ron's case, he wore 23 and 91 in honor of MJ and Rodzilla. i remember hearing that on tv during a pacer's game. i wonder why he chose 93 and now 96? oh, i and i see the swaz like everyone has commented on.

I always guessed that it was because he wanted to wear 69, NBA wouldn't let him, so he just said I'll go with 70.

LAKERS | BRONCOS | GOLDEN BEARS | PAC-12 FOOTBALL

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick Ewing jr. will be wearing #6, not the rumored #33

"I'm going to wear No. 6," said the 6-foot-8, 240-pound swing forward. "It was my dad's Olympic number, and Bill Russell's number, who was my favorite player."

Ewing said he realizes fans were eager to know what number he would choose, but that No. 33 will always belong to his dad.

"My dad's jersey's hanging up there in the rafters for a reason," he said. "The only reason I wore 33 at Georgetown is because they don't retire numbers. I felt like I did 33 for him there, and now I can do six here and it's another way to honor him."

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/ewingjrnumbersix.html

ronron.jpg

so where does he get his jersey # inspiration from? that's his, what? fifth number now?

IIRC, he wanted to wear the number 69, but apparently the NBA has a rule prohibiting players from wearing that number. Consequently, he reversed the number to get '96'.

• 3 weeks later...

ronron.jpg

IIRC, he wanted to wear the number 69, but apparently the NBA has a rule prohibiting players from wearing that number. Consequently, he reversed the number to get '96'.

Lamest rule ever. hah.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

anybody have a collection of the dates for when teams have their media days? i know its a long shot, but maybe someone here has found a link or done the work themselves.

anyway, here is Yi and brook lopez, getting lost in each other's eyes:

241ceef998e800b9379ad8f47a74aff9-getty-82921743nb011_nets.jpg

jarvis hayes

edfda7f239cac9c91c12093b2ff56183-getty-82921743nb0015_nets.jpg

baltimore's finest

da9759221d0ad3c47dd632de46ed4c17-getty-82921743nd009_wiz_media_day.jpg

phil jackson w/o facial hair

capt.87f18a9cadb74da0bd688d26c3f827d4.lakers_jackson_basketball_cadd102.jpg

eddie najera

capt.69d6912aed5d4a99ba231bc15477fe48.nets_basketball_njmd102.jpg

rasual butler isn't a rookie/tradee/FA signing, but you can see the new court behind him

ca36da8136190b21e7fb0a54195cae0a-getty-82921743lm017_mediaday_hornets.jpg

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/2008_trai...mp_central.html <-- link to the warriors additions, like the headless horseman, marcus williams and ronny turiaf

Archived