NBA Rookies/Tradees/FA signings with their new jerseys

Ron Mexico

Here's a pic of my teams former point guard (I think he is going to be great in Cleveland).

I agree. I miss him already! It looks like he has some new ink, too.

Here are the new Bucks that we essentially got in his place:

malik_a_081006.jpg

lmm_081006.jpg

Malik Allen and Francisco Elson... No pics of Ridnour or Lue that I can find... or Adrian Griffin, or Damon Jones...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I had a picture right now, but I was watching the Nets-Heat game in Paris earlier and noticed a draftee with an unusual looking jersey. Chris Douglas-Roberts was in the Nets? red alternate, number 17. The unusual part was his name. ?DOUGLAS-ROBERTS? was arched from one side of his jersey to the other, almost encircling his number. It looked very odd, and I wish they had a better way of dealing with this. I thought Amare Stoudemire?s jersey looked bad on the back, but CDR has more letters in his name and he has a two digit jersey number, unlike Amare's #1. I'll post pictures when I can find them, but this makes the WNBA jersey name solution make tons of sense.

Wish I had a picture right now, but I was watching the Nets-Heat game in Paris earlier and noticed a draftee with an unusual looking jersey. Chris Douglas-Roberts was in the Nets' red alternate, number 17. The unusual part was his name. "DOUGLAS-ROBERTS" was arched from one side of his jersey to the other, almost encircling his number. It looked very odd, and I wish they had a better way of dealing with this. I thought Amare Stoudemire's jersey looked bad on the back, but CDR has more letters in his name and he has a two digit jersey number, unlike Amare's #1. I'll post pictures when I can find them, but this makes the WNBA jersey name solution make tons of sense.

610x.jpg

ehh?

I agree it looks rather odd.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Russell Westbrook as a Thunder...a Thunderee...a Thunderer...a Thunderous guy...a member of the OKC Thunder.

okct.png

those REALLY look like the knicks late 90's away jerseys... the side panels might not be as thick as nyk and they may have the thin yellow stripe, but jeez...

• 4 weeks later...

No pics or mockups just yet, but given the Iverson for Billups/McDyess trade today, what jersey numbers do you think they'll all have now (we can probably disregard McDyess since it appears he'll either retire or get a buyout)?

Stuckey already has #3 on the Pistons, and given the fact that Iverson will most likely not be re-signed, what's the likelihood the Answer will try to buy his #3 back for just a season?

Likewise, on Denver, JR Smith already has #1 and K-Mart has #4 (Billups' original number during his first stint in Denver, as well as being a tattoo on his arm). Since Smith used to be #23 on the Hornets, and w/ Camby now gone, I could see him selling his #1 to Billups and get back his #23. However, I'm not completely sure on the whole "jersey number change" wait times, so that point might be moot.

No pics or mockups just yet, but given the Iverson for Billups/McDyess trade today, what jersey numbers do you think they'll all have now (we can probably disregard McDyess since it appears he'll either retire or get a buyout)?

Stuckey already has #3 on the Pistons, and given the fact that Iverson will most likely not be re-signed, what's the likelihood the Answer will try to buy his #3 back for just a season?

Likewise, on Denver, JR Smith already has #1 and K-Mart has #4 (Billups' original number during his first stint in Denver, as well as being a tattoo on his arm). Since Smith used to be #23 on the Hornets, and w/ Camby now gone, I could see him selling his #1 to Billups and get back his #23. However, I'm not completely sure on the whole "jersey number change" wait times, so that point might be moot.

33 probably. Or 10 (His high school football jersey number).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

33 probably. Or 10 (His high school football jersey number).

#1, theres a pic on the Pistons website.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

NBA rules forbids players on their current rosters to changing numbers for example Kenyon Martin can't change his number, he will have to wait until the end of the season for that to happen which is known as the "#45 rule".

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived