Sign in to follow this  
deliver2david

New Wal-mart Logo

There are a lot of news stories out there about Wal-mart releasing a new logo but weirdly none of the stories seemed to have the logo yet. I did see this kinda fuzzy image, however, in a story in the Memphis Business Journal:

122423-300-0-3.jpg

Anyone out there in the know who can say for sure that this is what Wal-mart is switching to?

I would like this logo if it wasn't for Wal*Mart. Why would they change? Why would they put the * at the end, and make it one word? That looks dumb. I guess they want to jump on the treny color combo.

I am in the process of building a wal mart right now ( i am in construction) and I havent seen any of this. The store is set to open in october and already has all new signage up...

I can ask around tomorrow and update if pics or anything is around..

Ooh, look! Trendy!

Trendy as it might be, I'm surprised Wal-Mart (or Walmart) hadn't changed their image sooner. The store wants to be a "friendlier" place, and most of the ones around me have been doing extensive internal makeovers, but nothing about the current wordmark said "friendly".

They can put as many smiley face icons around the store name as they want, but Antique Olive really doesn't scream warmth. And it really never matched any of the interior signage or advertisement fonts either.

On their commericals they've had that asterisk thing at the beginning on the lower right hand corner.

I remember seeing it for the first time around Christmas.

On their commericals they've had that asterisk thing at the beginning on the lower right hand corner.

I remember seeing it for the first time around Christmas.

I was going to bring that up, too. I kept wondering what that spinning asterisk had to do with Wal-Mart - figured it was something to do with something in-store, since I'm fortunate enough to live in a place where one doesn't have to shop at Wal-Mart. Guess it was phase one of the transition to the new image.

It's very Euro/pharmaceutical, isn't it?

Looks like one of those joke Web 2.0 logos.

I really can't believe this is serious. I'm really not a fan that at all.

It'll be fun to see if all the existing wal*marts, oh wait I'm sorry, Walmarts*, change their signs, the one near me is green.

Wal-Mart to revamp logo at its US stores

What about in Canada?

The logo seems pretty average to me. Seems trendy but there is nothing great about it at all. I've seen much worse come out of from Bentonville, Arkansas in the past. (new Sam's Club)

And to clear things up, is it now 'Walmart' instead of 'Wal-Mart'? I can recall the Arizona Diamondbacks having to address a similar hyphen problem when they switched to their new look a couple years ago.

This is gonna look terrible with all the new Super Walmarts they are making green.

What jumps out first is the lack of hyphen between WAL and MART. I take it they are efforting to make it one word.

I'll give it a year before they go back.

They have such a strong brand. This is a totally needless change.

Better yet:

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/8411.aspx

rx2993_6bfi8bfi8efkkr8zfi8tyfhxxxxxx8u9fi87fi8atfxs3aw8tufhxxxxxx.jpg

Their image history.

http://walmartstores.com/AboutUs/8412.aspx

I'm not sure if the change had to be so drastic. A different font maybe, but with such an iconic brand, why mess with it that much?

It's good to see Jack working again. I was concerned after AT&T laid him off. :rolleyes: