New Wal-mart Logo

deliver2david

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I am in the process of building a wal mart right now ( i am in construction) and I havent seen any of this. The store is set to open in october and already has all new signage up...

I can ask around tomorrow and update if pics or anything is around..

2004RedSox.png

Trendy as it might be, I'm surprised Wal-Mart (or Walmart) hadn't changed their image sooner. The store wants to be a "friendlier" place, and most of the ones around me have been doing extensive internal makeovers, but nothing about the current wordmark said "friendly".

They can put as many smiley face icons around the store name as they want, but Antique Olive really doesn't scream warmth. And it really never matched any of the interior signage or advertisement fonts either.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On their commericals they've had that asterisk thing at the beginning on the lower right hand corner.

I remember seeing it for the first time around Christmas.

I was going to bring that up, too. I kept wondering what that spinning asterisk had to do with Wal-Mart - figured it was something to do with something in-store, since I'm fortunate enough to live in a place where one doesn't have to shop at Wal-Mart. Guess it was phase one of the transition to the new image.

It's very Euro/pharmaceutical, isn't it?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The logo seems pretty average to me. Seems trendy but there is nothing great about it at all. I've seen much worse come out of from Bentonville, Arkansas in the past. (new Sam's Club)

And to clear things up, is it now 'Walmart' instead of 'Wal-Mart'? I can recall the Arizona Diamondbacks having to address a similar hyphen problem when they switched to their new look a couple years ago.

6uXNWAo.png

Better yet:

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/8411.aspx

rx2993_6bfi8bfi8efkkr8zfi8tyfhxxxxxx8u9fi87fi8atfxs3aw8tufhxxxxxx.jpg

Their image history.

http://walmartstores.com/AboutUs/8412.aspx

I'm not sure if the change had to be so drastic. A different font maybe, but with such an iconic brand, why mess with it that much?

It's good to see Jack working again. I was concerned after AT&T laid him off. :rolleyes:

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived