New Wal-mart Logo

deliver2david

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work for one of the largest sign/outdoor companies in the Southeast, so if/when they begin change-outs of all the area signage I'll know about it almost before anyone else does. We have had two new Walmarts* open within 30 miles of us in just the past year, so it'll be interesting to see if they go right away to the sign program.

98Falcons.png

its kinda fitting. They're ugly to the american factory worker, ugly to the small business, down right ugly to their own employees so its fitting they would look how they act. I have first hand knowledge at working at one of those and they are down right horrible to the associates.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

its kinda fitting. They're ugly to the american factory worker, ugly to the small business, down right ugly to their own employees so its fitting they would look how they act. I have first hand knowledge at working at one of those and they are down right horrible to the associates.

I second that. I too used to work at Walmart and I agree with everything you said. Employees usually stare at me in a disrespectful way, many others failed classes because they had too many work hours, just to mention a few examples. When I go shopping there, they constantly call someone in a certain department easily 6 times on the intercom because employees don't show up, that happens often. And thank goodness I no longer have to sing "gimme a W, gimme an A..." at the beginning of every morning shift.

The worst example was that once there was a power failure, i'm swear i'm not kidding, we stayed in the store anyway. My shift began at 8 am, and the power was lost since 4 am. We mostly sat down and did nothing, then we did a few things in half dark, took a small lunch break, and kept waiting. No one was really allowed to leave. The power was restored at 3:30pm. Although the store closed at 5, we had to rush to get all the cashes ready and everything, jsut so the damn company could get some spare thousands.

I don't know how your Walmart was like in NY, but it was certainly bad over here.

I second that. I too used to work at Walmart and I agree with everything you said. Employees usually stare at me in a disrespectful way, many others failed classes because they had too many work hours, just to mention a few examples. When I go shopping there, they constantly call someone in a certain department easily 6 times on the intercom because employees don't show up, that happens often. And thank goodness I no longer have to sing "gimme a W, gimme an A..." at the beginning of every morning shift.

The worst example was that once there was a power failure, i'm swear i'm not kidding, we stayed in the store anyway. My shift began at 8 am, and the power was lost since 4 am. We mostly sat down and did nothing, then we did a few things in half dark, took a small lunch break, and kept waiting. No one was really allowed to leave. The power was restored at 3:30pm. Although the store closed at 5, we had to rush to get all the cashes ready and everything, jsut so the damn company could get some spare thousands.

I don't know how your Walmart was like in NY, but it was certainly bad over here.

equally as messed up. We stayed short handed and management hadn't a clue as to what they were doing. I saw really good workers get driven strait in to the ground to the point that they wanted to quit or transfer, many did. Some nights like on a saturday night we had upwards of 4 people not including myself on the retail side. Which was enough to get Pets, HBA, Pharmacy and ELectronics done. This on many nights where it was a two truck night. Every other department got neglected I saw at times that grocery would neglect Paper on some nights, chemicals for days at a time, sometimes frozen would get neglected. I even saw the sodas and water aisels get neglected for a whole week. There was one night where i had stock housewares and toys, then when i was trying to get everyone to pull stock back, i'm being pulled to stock water because the entire aisle got neglected. All this thanks to our store director who purposely kept us shorthanded by keeping people on the books that have long since been fired or quit, so it would appear that we were fully staffed when in reality, it was a nice little way of fattening his bonus.

FOr maintenance during the day from the hours of 8am to 11pm at night we had one person and usually they came in in the mornings and worked their 8 hour shift. So on anygiven night there would be an 8 hour time frame where there isn't any maintanence to clean the store and when that person was off, there would be a 16 hour time frame of no maintanence. Cart boy situation, same thing. We had one good cart boy in the morning, and in the evening no one to run carts. as a result,the cart bay would be completely empty by the time we would get there. Customers constantly complaining about no carts in the cart bay.

Second shift was equally as messed up. Instead of hiring an instock team for the sales floor, they relied on the unloaders to do cart runs, carry outs, maintanence, stocking water and dairy. Which in turn would take time away from them unloading a truck, which then put pressure on the overnights to come in and finish their job while trying to do ours. Then when we didn't get finished, it had to go over on the first shifters and so on and so and so on.

If things weren't bad enough, we had managers telling the department heads to plug and flex in outs on the shelves. Which in turn created messed up modulars, due to our management having no respect for the modulars. Which then made it difficult to order, difficult to stock and for the consumer, difficult to find what they are looking for. The best example is Toys, which stayed messed up the entire time I was there and i saw 3 dep't managers come and go and everyone of them completely wrecked the dep't beyond belief.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Better yet:

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/8411.aspx

rx2993_6bfi8bfi8efkkr8zfi8tyfhxxxxxx8u9fi87fi8atfxs3aw8tufhxxxxxx.jpg

Their image history.

http://walmartstores.com/AboutUs/8412.aspx

I'm not sure if the change had to be so drastic. A different font maybe, but with such an iconic brand, why mess with it that much?

It is actually a major upgrade... The font is not ARIAL BLACK block lettering with a generic Star between the words... it has personality now, the colors are fresh and complementary. The new star / power button yeah, isn't exactly unique but, on their home page (http://walmartstores.com/) they show the Star being used as an element around the store and it is successful to me.

We have to see the full picture to better judge but, with Target eating into their Market Share and all the bad press, Wal*Mart, err.... WalMart* needed to change something. By the way, I dislike WalMart greatly but, interms of marketing - they know what they're doing....

What jumps out first is the lack of hyphen between WAL and MART. I take it they are efforting to make it one word.

It might as well be to most people. Between once working for a Wal-Mart and working now at a newspaper, it's been pretty common to see people write just about anything BUT "Wal-Mart" on a check or in a letter to the paper or such...

Wal Mart (two words, no hyphen...technically, the closest of the errors to being correct)

Walmart

Walmarts (um, it's not plural)

Walmart's (and it's certainly not a possesive)

Wolmart (got that once on a check)

Wallsmart (another check)

A lot of people didn't pay attention to the hyphen, the star or the *

If this is the new company logo that is supposed to be world-wide, they sure wasted a crapload of cash putting signage (of the now old logo) at the new SuperCentre down the road....I don't like it at all.

i'm wondering the same thing...there are 3 stores, 2 of which just finished completion and one about to open, and all of them have the original 'Wal*Mart" logo on them.

Maybe this logo is just for print purposes instead of an actual storefront design?

Archived