Sign in to follow this  
deliver2david

New Wal-mart Logo

If this is the new company logo that is supposed to be world-wide, they sure wasted a crapload of cash putting signage (of the now old logo) at the new SuperCentre down the road....I don't like it at all.

I'm pretty sure they have a 3-5 year plan of having the logo in place... Most companies do when they rebrand themselves. Products themselves have similar timelines... For instance Kraft Dressing has new packaging, but in the stores you see both side by side for a while. The same on a much grander scale will happen at "Buy 'n Large", I mean Walmart.

If this is the new company logo that is supposed to be world-wide, they sure wasted a crapload of cash putting signage (of the now old logo) at the new SuperCentre down the road....I don't like it at all.

I'm pretty sure they have a 3-5 year plan of having the logo in place... Most companies do when they rebrand themselves. Products themselves have similar timelines... For instance Kraft Dressing has new packaging, but in the stores you see both side by side for a while. The same on a much grander scale will happen at "Buy 'n Large", I mean Walmart.

Theres still some taco bell's with the early 90s signage, before they went with the current purple logo.

It'll take time, but they'll get it done.

My company is much much much much smaller than Wal-mart, changed our logo 3 years ago, and we're still replacing our old marks in some places.

Wal-Mart to revamp logo at its US stores

What about in Canada?

In Canada, isn't it WALtiny%20maple%20leaf.JPGMART, rather than WALveryTinyRedStar.gifMART? Good question, what are the plans there?

sgb_logo.gif

Similar?

OMG, Wal-Mart appears to have totally ripped them off. Yep, they did, it can't just be a coincidence.

They've started transitioning their advertising. Today's newspaper insert is mostly in the new colors, and features the asterisk in a number of places throughout, but the old logo in the old blue is still there.

yes, i noticed the new logos in flyers right after the 1st post. all of the new in store back-to-school promotional displays feature the new asterisk.

sgb_logo.gif

Similar?

OMG, Wal-Mart appears to have totally ripped them off. Yep, they did, it can't just be a coincidence.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I just think they look similar.

sgb_logo.gif

Similar?

Serious enough. Of course there's no way to prove it for sure but I think there's a chance. Either that or both creators have a mysteriously similar imagination. Here a side by side comparisson of both logos.

122423-300-0-3.jpgsgb_logo.gif

sgb_logo.gif

Similar?

Serious enough. Of course there's no way to prove it for sure but I think there's a chance. Either that or both creators have a mysteriously similar imagination. Here a side by side comparisson of both logos.

Asterisk≠Sand Dollar

Apart from sharing a sans-serif font, and similar colors, the only reason why they're similar is because they're both bland and generic...

I have friends I was watching tv with who aren't logo freaks or anything like that. They barely pay attention to that stuff. And when the Walmart* commercial came on, and even they think the logo sucks.

I have friends I was watching tv with who aren't logo freaks or anything like that. They barely pay attention to that stuff. And when the Walmart* commercial came on, and even they think the logo sucks.

HA!

Also, it's pretty much a guarantee that pretty much everyone on the boards is gonna start typing "Walmart*" now, right?

:P

Commercials on TV now have the new logo.

That's weird, I haven't seen anything with the new logo on it outside of this thread. Not that I ever go out of my way to look at Wal-mart (Walmart*) stuff, cause I hate it with a passion, but even today I saw an ad for them on tv and it had the WAL*MART royal blue logo.

Walmart*'s US website now has the new logo along with a tagline. "Save money. Live better".

walmart_logo2.gif

Wal-Mart to revamp logo at its US stores

What about in Canada?

In Canada, isn't it WALtiny%20maple%20leaf.JPGMART, rather than WALveryTinyRedStar.gifMART? Good question, what are the plans there?

http://walmart.ca/wps-portal/storelocator/index.jsp

Appears they use the normal logo with the star.

But yea I wonder if they are gonna update the logo.

I'm certain I saw a sign up in Guelph (...or Ottawa...I forget exactly where I saw it but I know it was inside Ontario) that had the new logo. I drove by saw it and was wondering hey did Walmart change their logo?

It wasn't on the main store but on a construction sign out front so I'm not totally sure if they're doing a total change in Canada and I by no means have anything officially. But the new logo can be seen in Canada in some capacity.

sgb_logo.gif

Similar?

Asterisk≠Sand Dollar

Apart from sharing a sans-serif font, and similar colors, the only reason why they're similar is because they're both bland and generic...

First... I don't see why they need the star/yellow thing. Not like I go Wal (pause) Mart... I say Walmart. so why dont they leave it at that, not like they will. Why dont they just keep it old-school and keep it white-trash instead of trying to compete with stylish Target.

Secondly... I just read design blogs all day and here is one post about how we are influenced by our own society and surroundings, and look how similar these huge companies logos are without realizing... http://www.logodesignlove.com/similar-original-logos