New Wal-mart Logo

deliver2david

Honestly, what's with the fad with lowercasing company names in their updated logos these days?

lowercasing <> Proper Casing.

Besides, who wants a logo that's shouting at you?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to bump old threads, but I noticed today on the new Wally World that's going up on my way to work, the new signage is still the old "WALstar_icon.jpgMART" logo. So much for brand consolidation.

They just converted a Home Depot around here into a WAL*MART... not walmart*. I was a little confused about that one too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Honestly, what's with the fad with lowercasing company names in their updated logos these days?

True. Guess my old employer was ahead of the game seeing as they went lower case in 1968:

4522.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

True. Guess my old employer was ahead of the game seeing as they went lower case in 1968:

4522.jpg

Wouldn't that be proper case?

(IMG Removed)

Wouldn't that be proper case?

I'm fairly sure he meant the "merican" part....

• 2 months later...
I'm just wondering if anyone has seen stores with the new logo on the front of the store? I drove by a new Walmart* north of Toronto and all the signs had the new logo.

i haven't. The one closest to me still has the old signage. Everything else in the store has the current logo.

whats interesting is that on all the sams choice and great value products, it still referrs to wal-mart and not Walmart*. it says, "distributed by Wal-Mart, inc."

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The only use I have noticed with the new logo is the plastic bags.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Even in the none reset Wal-marts I've been to recently, its more than the bags. The signs are still the old ones (until the reset), but the staff has new clothing including ugly dark blue hats with a huge asterisk on the front.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Even in the none reset Wal-marts I've been to recently, its more than the bags. The signs are still the old ones (until the reset), but the staff has new clothing including ugly dark blue hats with a huge asterisk on the front.

the navy shirts and khaki pants has been company policy for well over a year. They ditched the vests to said uniform. Blue vests were for regular and salaried employees, red for CSS/CSM and green for produce and Lawn and Garden associates. The hat on the other hand is fairly new. but i do agree they are ugly as hell.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived