Oklahoma City .....

jhans203

According to the Seattle Times, it is looking like the Sonics are officially leaving Seattle for OKC. Apparently the city and team have reached a settlement. Details of the settlement will be announced within the hour.

But, with the Sonics leaving Seattle. I am assuming they will pick up another moniker. Speculation is that the name will remain in Seattle for possible expansion. In everyone's opinion what would you suggest for a nickname for the new OKC team? What colors would you pick?

Please keep this serious no "OKC Bennett Haters, etc., etc.,etc." If you even feel ambitious what would the logo look like.

I will think of a couple names that I will post later, I just wanted to start the discussion.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma City Drillers

Oklahoma City Cavalry (Too close to Cavaliers, but I love the old CBA nickname)

Oklahoma City Thunderbirds

Oklahoma City Thunder

Oklahoma City Rustlers

Oklahoma City Outlaws

Oklahoma City Renegades

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

A poll on NewsOK.com, the Web site for the Daily Oklahoman newspaper in Oklahoma City, has a poll question about the team's name.

Among its options are Sonics, Thunder, Thunderbirds, Twisters and Other.

I'm a big fan of the Oklahoma City Other. :P

A poll on NewsOK.com, the Web site for the Daily Oklahoman newspaper in Oklahoma City, has a poll question about the team's name.

Among its options are Sonics, Thunder, Thunderbirds, Twisters and Other.

I'm a big fan of the Oklahoma City Other. :P

Thunderbirds. Close the thread.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Oklahoma City Oilers

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived