Oklahoma City .....

jhans203

What about Oklahoma City Cyclones? I know that it's not as cool as Dusters or Thunderbirds, but it makes sense and rolls off the "City."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick Question= Doesn't the NBA have some rule that a team has to keep their nickname for X years when they move? Or did I just imagine it?

IDK, but in the settlement all logos, the name and colors remain with Seattle should they get an NBA team in the future...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Oklahoma City Rednecks -- the most appropriate nickname.

Take an informal poll -- if given the choice between living in Oklahoma City and Seattle, where would you live? Seattle would win hands down. :censored: you Bennett!

I, for one, would prefer the reduced rainfall and (I assume) gas prices of Oklahoma City.

Of course, you strike me as being a strongly opinionated person who still cannot comprehend why a team with limited defensive prowess has yet to win a league title.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Perhaps Bennett will rebrand his team as the Oklahoma City Twisters, thus positioning the squad's cheerleaders to be dubbed...

the Oklahoma T;tty Twisters. :blush:

I'm sorry. I don't know what possessed me. That was completely gratuitous and out of line. My apologies if I've offended anyone.

They could go the Charlotte Bobcats route and name it after the owner.

OKC Clay Pigeons

OKC Clays

OKC Clayfighters

All I know is this better be their logo

senatordavis.jpg

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I really, really hope it's OKC Thunderbirds. I love the name, think it has great potential for a uniform set and identity, and would be very fitting, while at the same time could be considered a slap at Seattle for holding up the move.

I really hope it's Thunderbirds because this is what comes to mind when I hear "Thunderbird."

thunderbird10fm.jpg

You used to hold me

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

-President Carter

How bout the Bombers?

too soon?

Beat me to it.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Doesn't the NBA D-League have a team called the Thunderbirds?

Albuquerque.

Not that it matters because

A) The D-League is beholden to its NBA masters

B) The team draws flies like most D-League teams.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Albuquerque.

But would you really want to share your name with a D League team?

You used to hold me

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

-President Carter

Albuquerque.

Welp, OKC Barons sounds promising then.

Albuquerque.

But would you really want to share your name with a D League team?

I was thinking more like "Tell the Thunderbirds to change" (if they don't just up and fold.)

But, no I see little problem with that.

Today, we are all otaku.

How about the OKC Toby Keiths? They could even be sponsored by Ford. I guess in that case, they'd be the OKC Explosions. Maybe the Mustangs, on a more feasible front. If they suck, they could always be the Edsels.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

Archived