Oklahoma City .....

jhans203

But think about it...would you really drop 50-200 bucks on a brown basketball jersey? If it were a football jersey, then it would be totally different but I can see myself buying a brown hoops jersey...

I don't know. Padres' brown gear outsells their blue gear by far. Now, they have the history and tradition of the brown but I'd say if it looks good and is unique, people will wear it.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But think about it...would you really drop 50-200 bucks on a brown basketball jersey? If it were a football jersey, then it would be totally different but I can see myself buying a brown hoops jersey...

I don't know. Padres' brown gear outsells their blue gear by far. Now, they have the history and tradition of the brown but I'd say if it looks good and is unique, people will wear it.

All I know is i'd rather be seen wearing this:

vintage.jpg

than this:

pMLB2-2764974reg.jpg

The great thing about the Padres wearing navy blue shirts with khaki pants is that they can go golfing in the afternoon and play baseball at night without a change of clothes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I still think this team, even with a name of "Thunder", ought have a brown and gold color scheme - brown hasn't been used as a primary color in the NBA for a long time (though I'm sure ColorWerx could tell us when it was last used a lot quicker than I could.)

Never - as a primary color anyway.

The Celtics currently use Brown in their primary logo (and have in at least one other variation of their primary), and the Knicks used Brown in their primary back in the mid-Sixties through the early '80s.

That's it.

What about the Grizzlies' old logo?

Anyway, wouldn't black and gold be appropriate for the Thunder? That is a nice, classic color combo that is lacking from the NBA. And maybe they could bring the Big Dog out of retirement and draft Robbie Hummel in a few years.

What about the Grizzlies' old logo?

That was Metallic Bronze - same color that the Wizards just switched to Gold from last season...was also used by the Arizona Diamondbacks (Metallic Copper). A standard metallic color.

I don't know if this has already been talked about, but what is going to happen the Seattle Storm? Does Bennet now own them as well? If so, well there be any logo/color changes?

Not to say that it played any part in the new name, but Thunder and Storm obviously go well together...

Again, I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

I don't know if this has already been talked about, but what is going to happen the Seattle Storm? Does Bennet now own them as well? If so, well there be any logo/color changes?

Not to say that it played any part in the new name, but Thunder and Storm obviously go well together...

Again, I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

Bennett sold the Storm to local Seattle investors a year or so ago. They are staying in Seattle. Too bad those investors didn't have an addtional $300 million.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Look what I found on TESS this morning....

Search "Oklahoma City" and these come up being registered by NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE, LLC. LTD LIAB CO DELAWARE 100 PLAZA DRIVE Secaucus NEW JERSEY 07094

On July 21, 2008

Oklahoma City Bison

Oklahoma City Barons

Oklahoma City Wind

Oklahoma City Energy

Oklahoma City Marshalls (yes two L's) :rolleyes:

Oklahoma City Thunder

Look what I found on TESS this morning....

Search "Oklahoma City" and these come up being registered by NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE, LLC. LTD LIAB CO DELAWARE 100 PLAZA DRIVE Secaucus NEW JERSEY 07094

On July 21, 2008

Oklahoma City Bison

Oklahoma City Barons

Oklahoma City Wind

Oklahoma City Energy

Oklahoma City Marshalls (yes two L's) :rolleyes:

Oklahoma City Thunder

Wind and Energy are pretty awful. I could dig Marshalls...Barons is still my #1 choice. Of course, it would've been nicer to not have Thunder an option there....

And I noticed DEVELOPMENT in the name of the registrant...so would they have already had these for the NBDL ready to go?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Oklahoma City Bison - #1

Oklahoma City Barons

Oklahoma City Wind

Oklahoma City Energy

Oklahoma City Marshalls

Oklahoma City Thunder - #2

Frankly, these are the only two identities on the list that I find remotely appealing. I prefer Bison by a pretty substantial margin.

Seriously? Bison? Why? Maybe something like Stampede with a bison in the logo, but just OKC Bison...uh uh.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Prediction:

Oklahoma City Marshals.

Colors:

Old Gold

Black

Prediction on logo...

Marshalls_logo.jpg

Don't mind the Double L. The double L will become Oklahoma's unique sports trademark, much like Utah and the Double Z's...Drillers works. How about Tullsa?

Oklahoma City Bison

Oklahoma City Barons

Oklahoma City Wind

Oklahoma City Energy

Oklahoma City Marshalls

Oklahoma City Thunder

Maybe I was right? Do I smell a sponsorship with Marshalls and OKC???

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Prediction:

Oklahoma City Marshals.

Colors:

Old Gold

Black

Prediction on logo...

Marshalls_logo.jpg

Don't mind the Double L. The double L will become Oklahoma's unique sports trademark, much like Utah and the Double Z's...Drillers works. How about Tullsa?

Oklahoma City Bison

Oklahoma City Barons

Oklahoma City Wind

Oklahoma City Energy

Oklahoma City Marshalls

Oklahoma City Thunder

Maybe I was right? Do I smell a sponsorship with Marshalls and OKC???

No matter how in love with OKC David Stern is, he would nix that before they could even begin to think about a possible sponsorship, like he did with FedEx and the proposal of Grizzlies becoming Memphis Express.

Henry Abbott of ESPN had the following to say about the Bison nickname:

The tradition of the bison could not be mightier. Nevertheless, it is a reality that in 2008 rich white men can not be seen to be sending a predominantly black group of employees into the workplace with the word "bison" across their chest. No way that happens.

You can read his full reaction to the registered names here. I particularly like his take on Wind. ^_^

Turkoglu_15.png

Archived