Oklahoma City .....

jhans203

That's an awesome find! :notworthy:

I was checking out the Trail Blazers schedule, and it says that Seattle is still in the league, but only for Blazers road games! Portland does, however, play host to OKC...

From the sked-u-lee:

February 6 @ Seattle

February 11 vs Oklahoma City

April 3 @ Seattle

April 13 vs Oklahoma City

Funky stuff, and this is my 700th post here...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.nba.com/schedules/index.html?gamedate=20081029

mouse over any of the Oklahoma City links....

http://www.nba.com/thunder/

Thunder it is ladies and gents. Of course the link is not active yet, but if they uploaded this schedule today, i'd say it's 99% the name will be Thunder.

whoops!

also this: http://www.nba.com/schedules/index.html?team=thunder

takes you to their team schedule

What's also crazy, is that schedule is still up!

Well, if the Oklahoma City Thunder name is accompanied by a logo featuring a charging bison, I'm all for it.
I'm pretty neutral towards the name "Thunder" (I'm not particularly enamored with it, but I don't hate it either), but I'd welcome it if they used a bison for the logo. But as long as the primary isn't just some generic, standalone thunder/lightning-bolt, I'll probably grow to accept it with time.

Well, if the Oklahoma City Thunder name is accompanied by a logo featuring a charging bison, I'm all for it.
I'm pretty neutral towards the name "Thunder" (I'm not particularly enamored with it, but I don't hate it either), but I'd welcome it if they used a bison for the logo. But as long as the primary isn't just some generic, standalone thunder/lightning-bolt, I'll probably grow to accept it with time.

Don't speak too soon Arts11, they might do something like make the thunderbolt a "T" for Thunder. LOL

Anybody else think of black and yellow associated with thunder?

Can't wait to see the uniforms.

Well, Thunder stinks, but it is what it is.

Any word on when they plan on unveiling the logo and uniforms, or are they just going to play in the generic black Orlando Summer league jerseys? (lol)... Hey, those were better then what Minnesota's new duds look like!

Also just noticed in the link provided:

http://www.nba.com/schedules/index.html?team=thunder

It says 2007-2008 schedule! Wow, they are making some major mistakes on that site! yeesh

It should be 2008-2009 unless I've been living a year ahead all this time, haha

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

A little off topic I guess, but looking at the schedule I noticed the Sixers play an away game against the Knicks at Target Center and their last away game against the Cavs in Orlando. Anyone know if any other teams are doing this and why it is that way?

I've noticed the same thing for the Raptors last game of the season. According to the schedule they play the Bulls in Indianapolis.

A little off topic I guess, but looking at the schedule I noticed the Sixers play an away game against the Knicks at Target Center and their last away game against the Cavs in Orlando. Anyone know if any other teams are doing this and why it is that way?

I've noticed the same thing for the Raptors last game of the season. According to the schedule they play the Bulls in Indianapolis.

All those weird neutral site games have been changed to regular games

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

All those weird neutral site games have been changed to regular games

Must have been a bug. Although, back in the old days teams used to host such doubleheaders. Where the host team (usually New York) played one team and two other teams played in a second game.

Must have been a bug. Although, back in the old days teams used to host such doubleheaders. Where the host team (usually New York) played one team and two other teams played in a second game.

Yep, the Blazers and Sonics used to participate in doubleheaders like that back in the early '70s. I have several NBA guide books from that era and there were always a couple doubleheaders on the schedule.

Can you imagine modern-day players going for that? I don't think so!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

http://www.nba.com/schedules/index.html?gamedate=20081029

mouse over any of the Oklahoma City links....

http://www.nba.com/thunder/

Thunder it is ladies and gents. Of course the link is not active yet, but if they uploaded this schedule today, i'd say it's 99% the name will be Thunder.

Wow. Someone might lose their job over that one.

Good find.

With any luck, it'd be the idiot who approved the team name. :(

Not some lowly web content drone.

On all OKC player pages the broken image where the logo is supposed to go points to nba.com/media/playerfile/thunder_logo.gif

Also on the player profile page the drop-down box for the player compare has "Oklahoma City Thunder" as a team option

---

Chris Creamer

On all OKC player pages the broken image where the logo is supposed to go points to nba.com/media/playerfile/thunder_logo.gif

Also on the player profile page the drop-down box for the player compare has "Oklahoma City Thunder" as a team option

Both fixed already -- maybe they're reading :blink:

---

Chris Creamer

Strange how it's not listed in the correctly alphabetical order though. :therock:

Edit -- Chris, it's not fixed; scroll further down in the menu.

Archived