MLB 2028

JayJaxon

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i love the yankeese one. i think new york can shove it and get current with the rest of the world, put names on the back and numbers on the front! and keep the vest!

I hate the Yankees (team) too. The one I am working on right now is the Brewers. Let's see how many people get bent out of shape about that.

I think this is a very good idea. I am interested to see if you are going to actually finish this series, which would be quite a task. It is very hard to do a redesign of baseball, especially if you are planning new logos, because the templates for most teams are so similar. But good luck.

I agree with others who say you should go with the current mlb logo. Also, I really believe that you should keep white as the home for all of the teams.

What program are you using. Some of your lines look very jagged and unclean, so if you are using Illustrator then you are saving it in the wrong format. If it is paint, then of course not all lines will be clean.

I think this is a very good idea. I am interested to see if you are going to actually finish this series, which would be quite a task. It is very hard to do a redesign of baseball, especially if you are planning new logos, because the templates for most teams are so similar. But good luck.

I agree with others who say you should go with the current mlb logo. Also, I really believe that you should keep white as the home for all of the teams.

What program are you using. Some of your lines look very jagged and unclean, so if you are using Illustrator then you are saving it in the wrong format. If it is paint, then of course not all lines will be clean.

I'm using Photoshop CS3. I know I must be doing something wrong because I noticed that too. How could I save them to ensure I am going to get clean lines? Thanks for the advice. I wanted to do a different MLB logo, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

I really like the Yanks alternate, but the vest look just doesn't seem to work for the Yankee's. Niether does the script font either, I really would rather like to see the Yanks use the same block font that they use currently. But overall a good concept.

I really like the Yanks alternate, but the vest look just doesn't seem to work for the Yankee's. Niether does the script font either, I really would rather like to see the Yanks use the same block font that they use currently. But overall a good concept.

The Yankees never change their uniform, so it is a bit 'outside the box' to do anything with it. I am not that big of a fan of the Yankees vest either to tell you the truth, but I stuck to my guns to see what you guys would think. Thanks for the feedback on that, you are not alone lol. As far as the road script, would you use the exact same block letters, or do you think any other word marks would work there? Again, the Yanks are about tradition, so anything other than the norm may look odd anyway. Thanks again for the feedback.

One of the first things the new Commissioner did when Bud Selig retired was move the Brewers back to the American League. within two years of moving back, they won the World Series for the first time in franchise history. Not much has changed as far as the logos for the Brewers. After making the move back to the AL, the Brewers adopted pinstripes at a time when most clubs were taking them out of the uniform. They have Gold pinstripes and the road uniform has the city name. They have a rather odd looking alternate jersey and the Batting Practice set is plain gold letters.

BrewersSet-1.gif

I like the Knights set but I'd maybe go with a yellow font on the blue jersey and make that the alternate and the vest the home.

I'm not so sure about the vest for the Yankees, but I do like the alternate.

The Brewers one is very nice. I really like the road/alt. hat.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Looks very nice. Could you do the Mets next? Thank you.

By request, the Mets will be next!

Now I really like the Brewers set. The vest actually looks very nice with this set. The wheat/barley look on the alt. home is very clever as well.

Thank you. I was not sure how that would be received but you caught on to what I was going for.

I like the Knights set but I'd maybe go with a yellow font on the blue jersey and make that the alternate and the vest the home.

I'm not so sure about the vest for the Yankees, but I do like the alternate.

The Brewers one is very nice. I really like the road/alt. hat.

I agree with you on the Knights uniform. I think I will tweak it some to incorporate that. Everyone it seems (including me) is not entirely sold on the Yankees vest. Someone suggested using the block letters like they have now, so I am gonna give that a go to see how it works out.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Keep them coming. The Mets are next, if you have any suggestions, I'll be monitoring the thread while I work.

I love the idea of this, make sure you finish it, it's a nice creative series to do. My favorite so far is by far the Brewers. I started out just liking the Home and BP, but then realized the Road is nice as well, then I came around on the Alt. Home. The Home and BP designs still stand out to me as beautiful though, for the record. BTW, did I skip over something about using the old(current) MLB logo again? Probably.

BTW, did I skip over something about using the old(current) MLB logo again? Probably.

You didn't miss anything in that department. The MLB logo I created to use for this project was not that good. The overwhelming dislike of it lead me to believe that some things just shouldn't be tweaked. But if you look at the first two concepts I did on this, you will see the design for the MLB logo I had.

First off, on the jagged look of the presentation - is it possible some of you folks are not zooming to the full resolution of these png files? When you click on them, they open in a new window, but still do not display at 100% resolution until you click them again. Jay, you might consider reducing the size of the images before you post them so this confusion doesn't happen. 2500 pixels may be good for designing at, but doesn't add anything to the presentation IMO. I would just hate folks to think the quality of your work is less than what it truly is.

Love love love the Milwaukee set. The gold pinstripes are a great idea. They would look subtle and different on the field. Would they show up on television? You bet, with HDTV now, and what it may evolve to in 20 years, those fine details will really be apparent.

Yankees - I don't mind the changing of tradition, but the script looks a bit canned. I think using the font of the current Yankees uncle sam logo would be perfect. It is dignified, historical, and would look appropriate on a uniform. No championship since 2000? LOL LOL LOL! :notworthy:

Knights - Good set except the blue on blue would be hard to read, HDTV notwithstanding. BTW what will happen to my Chisox's minor league team now?

LT

you got some missing history there. after the yankees show off their new uniforms, NYC was set on fire by wide spread rioting. Fans storm the owners home, hold him hostage and demand the return of the babe ruth uniforms.

Good point. I should have brought that up lol.

First off, on the jagged look of the presentation - is it possible some of you folks are not zooming to the full resolution of these png files? When you click on them, they open in a new window, but still do not display at 100% resolution until you click them again. Jay, you might consider reducing the size of the images before you post them so this confusion doesn't happen. 2500 pixels may be good for designing at, but doesn't add anything to the presentation IMO. I would just hate folks to think the quality of your work is less than what it truly is.

Love love love the Milwaukee set. The gold pinstripes are a great idea. They would look subtle and different on the field. Would they show up on television? You bet, with HDTV now, and what it may evolve to in 20 years, those fine details will really be apparent.

Yankees - I don't mind the changing of tradition, but the script looks a bit canned. I think using the font of the current Yankees uncle sam logo would be perfect. It is dignified, historical, and would look appropriate on a uniform. No championship since 2000? LOL LOL LOL! :notworthy:

Knights - Good set except the blue on blue would be hard to read, HDTV notwithstanding. BTW what will happen to my Chisox's minor league team now?

LT

Thank you for that observation. I will shrink it down to see if that helps.

I will be tweaking the Yankees and Knights set because I pretty much agree with what everyone on here has said about them. I will use the Uncle Sam script and see how that works out.

And don't worry, By the time the Knights become a Major League team, they were no longer a minor league affiliate of the White Sox. The Chisox established a Minor League club in Springfield, Ill for the first time since 2001, and the Knights once again became part of the Orioles organization.

The 2010 Season saw the New York Mets in a terrible slump. Although they were just 6 1/2 games behind the first place Marlins, they still trailed the Braves and Nationals too, needing a miracle to even get close to the Wild Card. As the owner sat in the press box, he was going over proposed uniform designs for the team. Right when he lifted the folder with design proposal number 6, Carlos Beltran hit a game winning grand slam. The Mets went on to win an unbelievable 27 out of 32 to run away with the division. The owner saw this as a sign and chose this as the new design.

Designers note: When I was looking through the Mets logos on here to get ideas, I noticed that black apparently is not that popular among the Mets faithful. I tried to take as much out as I could. Per some advice I got, I brought the size down so it may be easier to see, but It looks so forced that I decided to include a link for the bigger version that you will find under the picture. I will now go back and see if I can improve the Yankees and Knights while you guys have a look at the Mets.

Mainlogo.gif

MetsSmallSet.gif

BIGGER VERSION OF METS SET

I like the concepts.

BTW, who goes to the NL if Miwaukee returns to the AL?

Well, I was gonna get to that a little later, but since you asked I will go ahead and answer. Nobody goes to the NL when the Brewers go back. With the Brewers back in the AL, both leagues have 15 teams. What will change is that Kansas City (The western most city in the Central Division) will get bumped to the AL West when the Brewers return. With Kansas City in the West and Milwaukee out of the National League, each division has 5 teams for the first time. Then expansion rolls around and ruins it again. The AL West, that once had 4 teams, now has 6 in 2020 when the Portland Beavers come in. The NL East swells by one with the addition on the Knights.

Archived