MLB 2028

JayJaxon

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome concept. These all are very good, with the Brewers leading the way. I really like how this is actually looking like stuff that could be in 20 years and not using a "future" mask to hide behind creating uniforms that have no way of being used.

Someone just brought up realignment, and with your new 32 team league, I think baseball could copy the NFL and do a 4-4-4-4 set-up.

AL East

Boston

Cleveland

New York

Toronto

AL North

Chicago

Detroit

Milwaukee

Minnesota

AL South

Baltimore

Kansas City

Texas

Tampa Bay

AL West

Los Angeles Angels

Oakland

Portland

Seattle

NL East

New York

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Washington

NL North

Chicago

Cincinnati

Colorado

St. Louis

NL South

Atlanta

Charlotte

Houston

Miami

NL West

Arizona

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

However, baseball doesn't like realignment at all, so your idea seems more practical. Either way, keep up the good work!

uconn2.pngliverpoolfc.png

Not sure why a new commissioner would "promptly" move the Brewers back to the American League, but okay.

With the move to two 15-team leagues in 2016, full time interleague play would likely begin that year rather than 2015.

The Yankees and Mets have nearly identical fonts for their wordmarks...probably not ideal.

Awesome concept. These all are very good, with the Brewers leading the way. I really like how this is actually looking like stuff that could be in 20 years and not using a "future" mask to hide behind creating uniforms that have no way of being used.

Someone just brought up realignment, and with your new 32 team league, I think baseball could copy the NFL and do a 4-4-4-4 set-up.

AL East

Boston

Cleveland

New York

Toronto

AL North

Chicago

Detroit

Milwaukee

Minnesota

AL South

Baltimore

Kansas City

Texas

Tampa Bay

AL West

Los Angeles Angels

Oakland

Portland

Seattle

NL East

New York

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Washington

NL North

Chicago

Cincinnati

Colorado

St. Louis

NL South

Atlanta

Charlotte

Houston

Miami

NL West

Arizona

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

However, baseball doesn't like realignment at all, so your idea seems more practical. Either way, keep up the good work!

I like your realignment idea a lot. Although baseball is not a fan of it, that doesn't take away from the fact that they may just need it a few years down the road.

The Yankees and Mets have nearly identical fonts for their wordmarks...probably not ideal.

With the move to two 15-team leagues in 2016, full time interleague play would likely begin that year rather than 2015.

I'm in the process of changing the Yankees wordmark. That is why I decided to go with something close for the Mets. A lot of people are not feeling the Yankees uniforms, so I'm gonna fix some things and use some ideas I have been given.

The full time interleague play was Bud Selig's last real act as the Commissioner. This happened in 2015,his last year. The new guy in charge for the 2016 season, fed up with Selig's mindless tweaks of the game, moved the Brewers back to the AL to at least even the leagues and avoid the scheduling nightmare of the 2015 season.

Here come the Cardinals. They went for a uniform change in 2019 and the fans were outraged when the birds were taken off the uniform. The next year they made a comeback, but no longer perched on the bright yellow bat, although it is still used as an alternate logo. The St.L logo got an upgrade and the team decided to put it's city on the road uniform. Like most other teams of the era, the Cardinals caught on to the vest craze with two for the road set. Enjoy.

CardsSet.gif

AL East

Boston

Cleveland

New York

Toronto

AL North

Chicago

Detroit

Milwaukee

Minnesota

AL South

Baltimore

Kansas City

Texas

Tampa Bay

AL West

Los Angeles Angels

Oakland

Portland

Seattle

NL East

New York

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Washington

NL North

Chicago

Cincinnati

Colorado

St. Louis

NL South

Atlanta

Charlotte

Houston

Miami

NL West

Arizona

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

I like your realignment idea a lot. Although baseball is not a fan of it, that doesn't take away from the fact that they may just need it a few years down the road.

That almost works way too well if you maintain some of the NFL model and maintain a 162-game season:

Division (7 home + 7 away)*3 = 42 games (14/team)

League (3 home + 3 away)*12 = 72 games (6/team)

Inter-league 3 home * 8 teams + 3 away * 8 teams = 48 games (3/team, not sure what is best for deciding the H/A but...)

42+72+48 = 162

I'm sure the biggest objection to this system would be that you have more inter-league games than division games, but it's well made up by in-league games. It would be a bit more like the schedules before realignment. Every other way I try to do it, it makes less sense than this scenario.

Another objection would be schedule flexibility - the two- and four-game series would all have to occur within division.

AL East

Boston

Cleveland

New York

Toronto

AL North

Chicago

Detroit

Milwaukee

Minnesota

AL South

Baltimore

Kansas City

Texas

Tampa Bay

AL West

Los Angeles Angels

Oakland

Portland

Seattle

NL East

New York

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Washington

NL North

Chicago

Cincinnati

Colorado

St. Louis

NL South

Atlanta

Charlotte

Houston

Miami

NL West

Arizona

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

That almost works way too well if you maintain some of the NFL model and maintain a 162-game season:

Division (7 home + 7 away)*3 = 42 games (14/team)

League (3 home + 3 away)*12 = 72 games (6/team)

Inter-league 3 home * 8 teams + 3 away * 8 teams = 48 games (3/team, not sure what is best for deciding the H/A but...)

42+72+48 = 162

I'm sure the biggest objection to this system would be that you have more inter-league games than division games, but it's well made up by in-league games. It would be a bit more like the schedules before realignment. Every other way I try to do it, it makes less sense than this scenario.

Another objection would be schedule flexibility - the two- and four-game series would all have to occur within division.

Great job crunching the numbers on that one. It is worth discussing since in a 32 team league 20 years from now, it could be a reality.

I guess the only thing that is bothering me is the use of "standard" fonts for the wordmarks. That being said, though, I really like the updated "StL" cap logo. It is a very nice update of such an iconic logo.

I guess the only thing that is bothering me is the use of "standard" fonts for the wordmarks. That being said, though, I really like the updated "StL" cap logo. It is a very nice update of such an iconic logo.

it is a bit of a pain to me to use standard fonts too. I have no idea how to create them, nor where to go to get some real unique ones. Do you have any suggestions? I would love to try to expand on what I can do. I was a little worried how people would react to the new 'StL' logo. It is tough when you are messing with tradition. I'm going to have the same worries with the Cubs, Tigers, and any other teams that are set in their ways. But thank you and I'm glad you like it.

The Mets set is pretty good but I'm not really feeling the font of the script.

I didn't really like the Cardinals set at first but it grew on me. Looks good.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Not trying to be difficult but if you're trying to make this a realistic look into the future, what makes you think team identities and uniforms that have existed for nearly a century will all of a sudden change 20 years from now?

The Mets set is pretty good but I'm not really feeling the font of the script.

I didn't really like the Cardinals set at first but it grew on me. Looks good.

To be completely honest with you, I spent a lot of time convincing myself that the Cardinals set was gonna be alright. I'm glad you like it, nothing too negative about that one so far. As far as the Mets, I know it looks a bit like a cartoonish version of that they have now, but I wanted to have complete creative control over what I did with them, and really the only way for me to do that was come up with a different wordmark to use with the updated logo. Thank you for your comments!

Not trying to be difficult but if you're trying to make this a realistic look into the future, what makes you think team identities and uniforms that have existed for nearly a century will all of a sudden change 20 years from now?

In a word, money.

But to really answer your question, there is no right answer to that. I tried to keep the Brewers as close to their current set as I could because it is fairly new. The same will probably go for the Rays, Padres, and other teams that still have a fairly new identity. But when I look at teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Braves, Cubs, Tigers, and in the case you are talking about, the Cardinals, I just have to ask myself "Why not?" I completely understand what you are saying, and it is hard to imagine teams changing after doing the same thing for so long. But in the Cardinals case for example, they are currently in their 51st year with the same wordmark. In baseball years, that does not compare to the Dodgers, Giants, and Cubs. But we see that and instantly identify the team with it. Let us just pretend for a second that MLB is still gonna like money in 2028. The best way for them to get that is to put more stuff out there for fans to buy. Fans want to buy the stuff that the players are wearing. I chose to set this in 2028 because it is a safe time period to experiment with changing some teams that have had these same uniforms for years. A lot can happen in 20 years. I hope this answers your question.

The Cards one looks like a fashion jersey that could be found at Target, I actually think I have something with a similar font, but minus the birds. I can't say that I like this one, but I can't blame you. The Cardinals have a beautiful uniform set that really doesn't need to be changed, as far as your project goes; you have to do all 30 teams so, kudos on continuing this series, and doing a good job on it.

Archived