From Concept to Reality

Brass

A couple years ago, someone stumbled upon our dear message board and asked us for a concept for his prep school hockey team, Holy Ghost Prep. A couple of us submitted ideas and I happened to be the winner. They ended up adopting my design and I felt pretty proud of myself. They ended up tweaking it slightly, going with a white main crest over a red one, which is actually better. Here is the winning concept:

hgpjerseryagain-1.png

Last week, however, I was cleaning out the files on my old computer and came across the concept. I thought to myself "Hey! This would be a cool thing to have!". In retrospect, I was kind of an idiot not to ask for a jersey, and in all honestly, I'm more interested in a jersey than cash. I e-mailed the person who originally wanted the concept and asked if he knew how I could get a hold of one. He couldn't, so I just e-mailed the team through their 'Contact' link and it directed me to the Director of Admissions. I politely told him the story of how I created it and just wanted one. He was extremely accommodating and wanted to help.

Well, I came home today and found a package in my mailbox. I opened it up and saw this beauty:

IM000901.jpg

Now, it's an XL which is too big for me, as I normally fit into a Medium, but I really don't care. It felt really good to see something in real life that you created. in MS Paint years ago. The jersey isn't shabby either, as you can see from some of the pics. The main crest and numbers and triple-layer stitched.

Close-up of main crest:

IM000902.jpg

Back with numbers:

IM000903.jpg

Close-up of shoulder logo:

IM000904.jpg

Close-up of numbers:

IM000905.jpg

Just figured I would share the good news!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Is that a Wild template?

It is completely awesome to have a concept like that become a tangible reality. I've had a few myself, and as a rank amateur, I love the "Yeah, I made this" quality about it. Congrats, man.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Congratulations! That is definitely something really cool to have. Not many people can say they have a jersey that they actually designed, and it appears to be pretty good quality too, not some cheaply made jersey.

MegatronSig2.jpg

A couple years ago, someone stumbled upon our dear message board and asked us for a concept for his prep school hockey team, Holy Ghost Prep. A couple of us submitted ideas and I happened to be the winner. They ended up adopting my design and I felt pretty proud of myself. They ended up tweaking it slightly, going with a white main crest over a red one, which is actually better. Here is the winning concept:

hgpjerseryagain-1.png

Last week, however, I was cleaning out the files on my old computer and came across the concept. I thought to myself "Hey! This would be a cool thing to have!". In retrospect, I was kind of an idiot not to ask for a jersey, and in all honestly, I'm more interested in a jersey than cash. I e-mailed the person who originally wanted the concept and asked if he knew how I could get a hold of one. He couldn't, so I just e-mailed the team through their 'Contact' link and it directed me to the Director of Admissions. I politely told him the story of how I created it and just wanted one. He was extremely accommodating and wanted to help.

Well, I came home today and found a package in my mailbox. I opened it up and saw this beauty:

IM000901.jpg

Now, it's an XL which is too big for me, as I normally fit into a Medium, but I really don't care. It felt really good to see something in real life that you created. in MS Paint years ago. The jersey isn't shabby either, as you can see from some of the pics. The main crest and numbers and triple-layer stitched.

Close-up of main crest:

IM000902.jpg

Back with numbers:

IM000903.jpg

Close-up of shoulder logo:

IM000904.jpg

Close-up of numbers:

IM000905.jpg

Just figured I would share the good news!

That's a great sweater. What kind of bird is it and where is the school located? Athletic Knitwear from Toronto who made the sweater probably makes the finest "real" hockey sweaters available today. AK makes the sweaters for the International Hockey League Turner Cup Champion Ft. Wayne Komets and has for many years. On AK's website you can take any of their stock designs and re-color them to suit your fancy. You can also add basic lettering and numbers. Among the styles featured to re-color are the Ottawa '67s two versions of the "Barber Pole" sweater, the Blackhawks, Red Wings and Bruins muti-striped classics, the Leafs' sweater from the early 1930s and several other timeless styles. It's a ball making up different combos. I've been able to re-produce most of the late-1950s American Hockey League sweaters. They even have a blank Rochester Americans "Flag" sweater in-stock but that's one you can't add any graphics to it on-line.

Is that a Wild template?

It is completely awesome to have a concept like that become a tangible reality. I've had a few myself, and as a rank amateur, I love the "Yeah, I made this" quality about it. Congrats, man.

Why yes, it is! Good eye, Mocka! I believe the player who contacted wanted either that style or the St. Louis Blues style. I think the Wild one looks better and apparently they did too.

That's a great sweater. What kind of bird is it and where is the school located? Athletic Knitwear from Toronto who made the sweater probably makes the finest "real" hockey sweaters available today. AK makes the sweaters for the International Hockey League Turner Cup Champion Ft. Wayne Komets and has for many years. On AK's website you can take any of their stock designs and re-color them to suit your fancy. You can also add basic lettering and numbers. Among the styles featured to re-color are the Ottawa '67s two versions of the "Barber Pole" sweater, the Blackhawks, Red Wings and Bruins muti-striped classics, the Leafs' sweater from the early 1930s and several other timeless styles. It's a ball making up different combos. I've been able to re-produce most of the late-1950s American Hockey League sweaters. They even have a blank Rochester Americans "Flag" sweater in-stock but that's one you can't add any graphics to it on-line.

Thanks for the kind words, bulldogbarks55. As for AK, I've never really heard of them, but from your description on the site, it sounds fantastic and a place that I might have to find myself to in a little bit.

Again, thanks for the feedback guys!

what the hell is ccslc?

AK and K1 are the big players in the rec jersey biz. I've always been very happy with K1's work, don't have as much experience with AK.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

AK and K1 are the big players in the rec jersey biz. I've always been very happy with K1's work, don't have as much experience with AK.

Do you have the links, mainly the one that bulldogbarks was talking about where you can design the uniform? I'm interested in picking up jerseys for our roller hockey team for this fall.

what the hell is ccslc?

Atta boy, Brass. They look great. I've only had a couple of my designs produced, but I look upon them with a split second of pride whenever I open up my closet.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived