2008 Arena Football Playoffs

DarkJourney

And my game's at 11, looks like I'm not gonna go. We're having a BBQ afterwards and then all going to the Phillies game.

Even though it's all in one location (the footy game at FDR Park, the Soul game at the Wachovia Center, and the Phillies game at the Bank), I don't think it'll all gel.

Besides, I have this gut feeling that Cleveland's gonna win.

philly.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And my game's at 11, looks like I'm not gonna go. We're having a BBQ afterwards and then all going to the Phillies game.

Even though it's all in one location (the footy game at FDR Park, the Soul game at the Wachovia Center, and the Phillies game at the Bank), I don't think it'll all gel.

Besides, I have this gut feeling that Arizona AND Cleveland is gonna win.

Fixed it for ya

I told you that Grand Rapids' little magic carpet ride would come to a screeching halt at San Jose.

Now, as for expansion: I'd like to see the Arena League go to 20 teams. Here's my version of what could happen...

National Conference

Eastern Division:

-Boston (expansion team)

-Cleveland

-Columbus

-New York

-Philadelphia

Southern Division:

-Dallas

-Georgia

-New Orleans

-Orlando

-Tampa Bay

Western Conference

Central Division:

-Chicago

-Colorado

-Grand Rapids

-Kansas City

-Milwaukee (expansion team)

Western Division:

-Arizona

-Los Angeles

-San Jose

-Seattle (expansion team)

-Utah

Here are my reasons for those three locations...

-There really hasn't been a 'true' Boston team in Arena Football. The teams have been in either Providence or Worcester or even Hartford. This is a major chance for Boston to get a team. Granted, it could get crowded at the TD Banknorth Garden with the Celtics, Bruins, Blazers, etc. Now, I think this could work out though. Also of note is the start of rivalries with both New York and Philadelphia.

-Milwaukee, for many years, had a very loyal fan base for it's team, the Milwaukee Mustangs. Why not give the fan base another chance after what seemed like a total hosing after the Mustangs were taken away in '98. Plus, you get instant rivalries with Chicago and Grand Rapids.

-Another region that has been untapped by the Arena League is the Pacific Northwest. They had one team, the Portland Forest Dragons, in the league's history. Now, the Forest Dragons failed badly. With a team in Seattle, the league gets a second chance in said region and the entire division would have a new and fresh rival.

Realignment proposals in the middle of a thread should earn an immediate ban.

MOD NOTE: Thank you for the suggestion. I'm sure that Chris will take it under advisement. (Sarcasm intended)

Let's just all try to get along, shall we? Why create conflict where there doesn't need to be any?

Thank you in advance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Congratulations to the Sabercats for winning ArenaBowl XXII. (I mean, we all know that's what's going to happen.)

UH NO...

I'd much rather see the Philadephia Jovi's win the Whole thing than the Sabrekittens anyday

Congratulations to the Sabercats for winning ArenaBowl XXII. (I mean, we all know that's what's going to happen.)
UH NO...

I'd much rather see the Philadephia Jovi's win the Whole thing than the Sabrekittens anyday

I'd rather that happen too, but look at it this way. Yes, Philly barely scraped out a win at the Wachovia Center against them, but this game is neutral. SabreCats by 28, easy, there's no stopping the best QB in the league in Mark Grieb, or the best WR in the league in James Roe.

Besides. Philly only won their division by one game, San Jose won theirs by three games. San Jose is clearly superior.

LvZYtbZ.png

Why in the hell are they playing the title game two weeks after the conference finals? Much as they'd like to think it is, this isn't the Super Bowl...

David Baker thinks he's Paul Tagliabue.

Yes. I know what I said.

philly.png

UH NO...

I'd rather that happen too, but look at it this way. Yes, Philly barely scraped out a win at the Wachovia Center against them, but this game is neutral. SabreCats by 28, easy, there's no stopping the best QB in the league in Mark Grieb, or the best WR in the league in James Roe.

Besides. Philly only won their division by one game, San Jose won theirs by three games. San Jose is clearly superior.

Uh wah?

San Jose more or less was unopposed in the division this year, while Philly had to contend with a very good (in the regular season, at least) Dallas team. Margin by which these teams won their division is irrelevant to the conversation.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hope the Arizona Rattlers fold. Just a thought.

Now that's not very nice! Just because they are the Sabercats rivals doesn't mean they should fold. Watch out next year for the Rattlers they should make the West Division a whole lot more fun.

UH NO...

Uh wah?
San Jose more or less was unopposed in the division this year, while Philly had to contend with a very good (in the regular season, at least) Dallas team. Margin by which these teams won their division is irrelevant to the conversation.
Still, this isn't at the Wachovia Center like the last game was -- no way Philly has a chance in this one.

LvZYtbZ.png

UH NO...

Uh wah?
Still, this isn't at the Wachovia Center like the last game was -- no way Philly has a chance in this one.

It's arena football. Any team has a chance.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The 2006 Chicago Rush disagree with that

I hope the Arizona Rattlers fold. Just a thought.

Now that's not very nice! Just because they are the Sabercats rivals doesn't mean they should fold. Watch out next year for the Rattlers they should make the West Division a whole lot more fun.

just kidding :P probably the best rivalry in the league next to Tampa Bay-Orlando

Prediction: San Jose 65, Philadelphia 58

The 2006 Chicago Rush disagree with that

I disagree as well because the game the Soul and Sabrecats played earlier this year was not played at the Wachovia center it was played at the HP Pavilion. In other words, it was a road game for the team that supposedly has no chance. Therefore, theory shot.

I would like to see Philadelphia win so that city can get some sort of championship even if it's only on the Arena football level and because I'm tired of San Jose winning it all the time. They took away what was probably the Destroyers only shot at an Arenabowl championship.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived