Moose Salute The Wha

Lee.

Those are sweet, too bad minor league teams dont do that more often like teh Houston Aeros of the AHL wearing throwbacks

Yeah, like a WHA throwback week. Are there teams that geographically match up with all the old WHA teams?

That's why I suggested the Toronto Roadrunners, which is the same franchise as the WHA's Phoenix Roadrunners (2 leagues, and 2 cities later)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Hmm...let's see here:

WHA - > AHL

Winnipeg Jets- Manitoba Moose

Houston Aeros- Houston Aeros (well, duh)

Cleveland Crusaders- Cleveland Barons

Cincinnati Stingers- Cincinnati Ducks

New England Whalers- Hartford Wolfpack

Michigan Stags (Detroit)- Grand Rapids Griffins

Philadelphia Blazers- Philadelphia Phantoms

Chicago Cougars- Chicago Wolves

Toronto Toros- Toronto Roadrunners (although, yes, Phoenix is an option)

Who else is there? Who am I missing? anything/anyone? I know there were a few west coast teams, and a few teams in the NYC area...but nothing that I think could really match up geographically with them now...

And yes, I went from memory with the old WHA teams. When you grow up with season tickets behind the Jets net, you remember a LOT of these teams...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I wonder if the new WHA will pay homage too next year when it finally launches.

They can start by making the oldest player on the team skate during warmups with no teeth and a hairpiece like Bobby Hull did back in the day :D

4 teams, 3 in Canada. Even as a Canadian, I can safely say that this doesn't bode well for the league.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Those are sweet, too bad minor league teams dont do that more often like teh Houston Aeros of the AHL wearing throwbacks

The current Houston Aeros of the AHL started wearing alternate jerseys based on the original WHA Aeros jerseys. This year, the former Alternate style became the main home and road jerseys.

Also, the Manitoba Moose franchise has a prior history to paying tribute to past WHA teams. When the franchise was in St. Paul, they wore old Minnesota Fighting Saints jerseys in two "turn back the clock" games against the same Houston Aeros in the 94-95 season. There was one game in St. Paul and one in Houston, with the Aeros also wearing throwbacks.

jerseys.jpg

As always, pictures from dropthepucks.com

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?q...09&BasicSearch=

These jerseys are now on sale on ebay.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Wow thats quite pricy, but I guess since they are game used, so if any of these players become a star they could bve rel vaulable down the line.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived