NHL Redesign: Part III **With Alternate Logos**

josh_cat_eyes

Well even though this is just logos so far, I thought i'd post up my 3 part in my NHL redesign series.

Also I think its worth nothing that other than using vector magic everything was made in MS Paint.

Home Logo:

SabresFinalDark2.png

Road Logo:

SabresFinalWhite2.png

**EDIT**

I had some alternates done when I first posted this but I never had enough time to get them vectorized and put up.

Here they are now:

Home Alt #1

SabresFinalAlt1Dark.png

Home Alt #2

SabresFinalAlt2Dark.png

Road Alt #1

SabresFinalAlt1White.png

Road Alt #2

SabresFinalAlt2White.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

looks like a buffalo crossing sign lol

just joking, it looks good and definately different. i dont know how i feel about the text being so close together and sharing an outline though, good work.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Quite nicely done - I love them a lot more than the slug!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I want to make some jerseys now, but I can't decide what of the three styles to use as the main logo. I am thinking the "crossing sign" logo will work as a shoulder logo but I don't know what one I could use as a chest logo.

Thoughts, opinions, ideas for a new logo to go with these?

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

SabresFinalAlt2White.png

that thing looks like a street sign. Warning "buffalo crossing ahead!" :D

Would you rather a street sign than a slug haha?

And unintensionally its suposed to be a street sign...I kinda was just putting stuff together and I liked the diamond shape and then someone said street sign soo it kinda just turned out that way.

It could also be a "warning you are about to play the sabres!!" sign :P

Just an idea here but hear me out.

Everyone is making a modernized logo out of the 1970-1990 primary logo. Why don't you do something different and remake the past? Stop using the old side-ways buffalo and make something that truely hasn't been done before....Here's what I have in mind:

Imagine that Buffalo decided to make a new logo during the 80's. Use the buffalo head logo (1996/97 - 2005/06) for inspiration and create a downdate. What would this logo look like if it were created back in the 80s? Maybe two colors and simple like the 70's sideway buffalo face? It obviously wouldn't be as detailed as logos are today so you could really have fun creating a "fantasy" throwback logo that would lead up to the 90's logo with an easier transition.

I think it'd be a really cool idea to be able to "go back in time" and sort of patch up the missing holes between the sabres logo history. use my advice or not, it's just that - advice.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Just an idea here but hear me out.

Everyone is making a modernized logo out of the 1970-1990 primary logo. Why don't you do something different and remake the past? Stop using the old side-ways buffalo and make something that truely hasn't been done before....Here's what I have in mind:

Imagine that Buffalo decided to make a new logo during the 80's. Use the buffalo head logo (1996/97 - 2005/06) for inspiration and create a downdate. What would this logo look like if it were created back in the 80s? Maybe two colors and simple like the 70's sideway buffalo face? It obviously wouldn't be as detailed as logos are today so you could really have fun creating a "fantasy" throwback logo that would lead up to the 90's logo with an easier transition.

I think it'd be a really cool idea to be able to "go back in time" and sort of patch up the missing holes between the sabres logo history. use my advice or not, it's just that - advice.

Thats I really cool idea. I first I wanted to use just the outline of the 90's buffalo but the outline looks like a hampster that needs a haircut lmao. I don't know how I would go about doing that, but I may give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

The diamond looks too baseball-ish. Get a shield going instead and like someone said, the way the swords are angled it looks too tall. Widen the sword's crossing and it'd be great.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

The diamond looks too baseball-ish. Get a shield going instead and like someone said, the way the swords are angled it looks too tall. Widen the sword's crossing and it'd be great.

Thats what I didn't like when I finnished. I agree it looks too baseball ish. I just wanted some sort of shape other than the circle the are used to and there are no diamonds used in the NHL...for good reasons i guess lol.

Archived